Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BTB838 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 10:53 AM
    MP3 File Plays on Windows Media Player but NOT on Itunes
    MP3 File Plays on Windows Media Player but NOT on Itunes.
    I have tried adding the Folder where it is contained as well as adding the specific file. I have even tried "Open With Itunes" and the file will not play; but it plays perfectly on Windows Media Player.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2007, 11:15 AM
    You may have to change file associations: Changing File Associations for Windows Media Player
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Well I guess I won't be helping you any more.
    BTB838 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Well I guess I won't be helping you any more.
    I'm sorry if my reply offended you in some way. I was merely letting you know that your suggestion did not fix my problem.
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Jan 3, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Songs purchased through the iTunes Music Store are encoded as 128kbps AAC files. AAC files normally have a .m4a file extension (i.e. U2 - Vertigo.m4a). However because Apple uses DRM to "protect" the files (more on this below), iTunes purchased songs have a .m4p extension.

So why the gripe over music quality?

First off let me state that "music quality" is subjective. It is influenced by the equipment you use to listen to it on, the type of music you listen to, how the music was recorded in the first place, and finally - your ear.

The gripe is that 128kbps is about as low as you go for music quality.

AAC - often referred to as "Apple Audio Codec" actually stands for "Advanced Audio Coding" (thanks Roger), m4a file extension, lossy codec, considered by some to be an improvement over standard MP3.

Protected AAC - AAC with DRM, m4p file extension, lossy codec,

So You could try Converting them to these file types, but make sure you keep the original MP3

If this Helped Rate it.
    karan reddy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 06:29 AM

I think,u may have to first convert it to mp4 format or to any of the conventional IPOD formats... try this.. Videora iPod Converter - Free iPod Video Converter
    JaneDoh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Hope this helps... http://trevinchow.com/blog/2008/09/17/fix-for-mp3-songs-not-playing-in-itunes/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows Media Player 10 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I uninstall Windows media player 10? I try to go to Add/or remove programs but it doesn't appear on the list is there any other way to remove it?:confused:

Windows Media Player [ 1 Answers ]

I am very confused and every link WMP has doesn't solve my problem. I want to arrange my music library in order of either artist A-Z, or song title A-Z. How can I do this, and if you can, give me step by step info? I've tried what I could and so far nothing. I really appreciate your help.

Windows Media Player [ 6 Answers ]

Currently have Media Player 6.4 What is the safest one to upgrade to for a PC with Win98 second edition on it? Also what is best site (without adware, spyware, etc included with your download) to obtain the update from?

Windows media player 9 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Im using windows media player 9 on windows 98. Is there any way to clear the list of movies it has played that shows up when you press the file tab? Thank you :o

View more questions Search