Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyofthree Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 08:38 AM
    My 4 year olds temper
    My 4 year old son is a bully. He is out of control. He has a horrific temper that I am having a hard time dealing with. He ruins anything he can get his hands on and he LOVES to beat up on my other kids... and my dog. We have tried everything that has been sugested... and nothing has worked... im scared to put him in school next year. What do I do?? :confused:
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 11:35 AM
    I would have your son evaluated. I am not a psychiatrist by any means but professionals tend to worry when youngsters toture animals. Beaating up an animal is tourture. This is beyond being a bully. I would talk to your pediatrician and get a refferal. He is easy to control at 4 , the longer you wait the more difficult it would be.

I too have a 4 year old and if a child was to "beat him up" I would force the school to remove him..

I'm not blaming you for what your child is doing, just be proactive and take care of the problem now.

Do not let him alone with any animal or child.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 5, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Talking to the pediatrician is definitely a good place to start. He/she can put you in touch with someone who can figure out how to best deal with your son's behavior. Absolutely take charge of the situation now, before he starts school. You don't want him to be the bully or to get in trouble a lot at school. My friend's little boy, Nathan, behaved in a similar way when he was young. When he was 7, he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. His doctor has been treating him for it, and he is now a happy, healthy, very social little boy. I wish she had gotten him some help earlier because I think he would have had an easier time in school. There could be many different causes for his behavior, so that is why I think the doctor should be asked about this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Research into why 18-15 year olds want to get married. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, and I have come here hopeing that some of you here will be able to help me with my research. I need participants to fill in an online questionnaire who are aged between 18 and 25, and are currently in a relationship that is at least a year long. The link to...

19 Year Olds and Limits [ 10 Answers ]

I have four daughters. The oldest will be 19 in a week. She had been heavily involved in competitive sports and school which kept her focused and too busy to chase around. Now that she has graduated and is no longer participating in sports she has begun going out with friends we don't know and...

Lump on 8 year olds spine [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone can shead some ligh for me - my 8 year old daughter has a lump on the top of her spine at the bottom of her neck - I only noticed it the other day and it is a little painfull for her to touch - I am taking her to the Dr this week but just wondering if anyone else has had...

Art ideas for 1 year olds [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for Art ideas for babies 0-1 year olds in a Nursery? Can anyone help?

View more questions Search