Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LoveHound Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Yellow Submarine cover version
    Today I heard the most peculiar cover of the Beatles' Yellow Submarine on the radio. I'm so in awe of it I just HAVE to know who's it by!

Music is always hard to explain, the best word I can find to describe this version of YS is "weird". It was sung by a female, one with a powerful voice, it sounded a little bit like opera at the beginning, and also reminded me somewhat of Kate Bush is the style of the music (not the singing). I have absolutely no idea whether this is a new release or an oldie.

Do you have any idea what I'm talking about? If so, please please please help me find this song!
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Nov 4, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Could it be Abagail Kiser? (from her album Lucid Dream) Somewhere in the middle of the song she's singing the chorus and other vocals are echoing behind her.

Or more likely it's Charmaine Neville Band from their album uUp Up Up. The lead singer has a strong, earthy voice and overall it's very jazzy.

Hope one of those is correct! Good luck!

Nov 5, 2007, 02:31 AM
    Thanks for the reply, rawpotatoeater!

I listened to a sample of Charmaine Neville Band's Yellow Submarine at their website but it's not the one I'm looking for. =( It's a good version though!

The Abagail Kiser version, however, I cannot find anywhere. Do you know where I could listen to a sample or maybe where I could download it?

Thanks again (:

Nov 5, 2007, 02:38 AM
    I just tried playing with different spellings et voilá, a sample of Abigail's Yellow Submarine pops up! Unfortunately, it's not the version I'm looking for either. =(

The one I heard on the radio was much much weirder than either of those. Any more suggestions?
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Nov 5, 2007, 06:37 AM
    Hmmm... Well, what I did was type in "Yellow Submarine" to iTunes and filtered for women voices. You're absolutely welcome to try that! And I understand it's hard to describe music on the boards (in fact, you've done much better than previous posters have haha)

Good luck finding your song! If you do find it, could you post on here who it is? Now I'm curious...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plants to cover concrete drain cover [ 1 Answers ]

Hi When I bought my house, no one had even raked the yard for years and I knew I had a lot of work ahead of me. Fortunately, I had been perennial gardening for some time. This was a new challenge, however, because the lot is heavily wooded, and the trees are old growth that were not cut when...

Submarine attack! [ 2 Answers ]

How do I fix a slow flushing toilet? :confused: :eek:

Techno version of: [ 3 Answers ]

The roof is on fire, or fire water burn. The techno version. Anyone?

View more questions Search