Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blindincariboume04736 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 02:36 PM
    In need of a new perscription for poor 0 income man
    Hi!
    I am a man without work and no money,. I mean absolutely no money, FI am a 40 year old ex-con on probation and in my small community every body knows everything and never forgets... the past is hard to out run.
    Its this very past that has me in my current dilemma... my eye glass perscription is over 8 years old and I am in dire need of a new pair plus an eye exam... are there any orginizations or charitable donations available to help me? I recently applied for SSI, however they tell me it could be two years before a dime starts to come in and I can't wait that long... PLEASE HELP!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 4, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Contact your local Lyons club for help with glasses.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2007, 05:17 PM
    The Salvation Army may also have funds. The S.A. office here does help like that. Also the Community Action Agency does, although they have limited funds and when it is gone, no more till the next fiscal year. But worth a call to ask.

If you are this poor, no money, no job - where are you living and how are you eating? Do you receive any assistance from your county's Social Services?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My poor friend [ 6 Answers ]

Okay my best friend is a perfectionist... also she has OCD. She gets depressed if things she does don't live up to her standers... and that makes her throw up. She is also annorexic.. and if she does eat she throws it all back up! I don't no what to do. SHESLITS HER WRIST TOO!! :( Really...

Unknown perscription drug [ 2 Answers ]

I found a small, oval pill with 377 on one side and nothing on the other, what is it?

Does the Income Summary Balance go to Income Statement [ 3 Answers ]

I am doing a 10 column worksheet and I have a credit $ amount in the Income Summary account in the Adjusted Trial Balance. Do I move that to the Income Statement or the Balance Sheet section of the worksheet?

2006 taxes: F-1 OPT Income & Foreign Income [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a somewhat complicated question about my 2006 taxes... I came to the US in 2001 on a student visa (F1). After I finished my degree I worked one year under OPT, and I left when my OPT/visa expired in May 2006 and went home to my native country and got a job there. So basically I...

Income Tax on Social Security & Interest Income [ 1 Answers ]

I collect SS, withdraw interest income monthly and sell real estate. I am wondering since my interest income & real estate commissions exceed the SS allowable income cap of $12,000 will my SS for the next year be reduced? Will my real estate expenses be deductible from taxes owed on my...

View more questions Search