Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    codybeebe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Do I call a plumber?
    Hello,
    My sewer backs up into the basement when my washing machine runs. What could the problem be?
    tkantner Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Nov 4, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by codybeebe
    Hello,
    My sewer backs up into the basement when my washing machine runs. What could the problem be?
    You need to have someone run a snake through your drain. This happens to us every couple of years. Luckily my husband is a plumber, so he has the tools! It's easy to do, so you could buy one at Home Depot or Lowe's. I don't think plumbers charge much to do it.
    codybeebe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Thanks, that was kind of what I was thinking.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 4, 2007, 05:14 PM
    The service call and time could be about $150, you can rent the rodder at Home Depot if you want to try yourself. Open the clean out and see if there is standing water, if not the clog is up stream closer to your washer, probably where it is trapped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer Smell in Shower Drain - even the plumber doesn't know what to do! [ 7 Answers ]

HELP! I have a rental house in Utah. I moved out in July and the new tenants moved in in August. They immediately started to notice a sewer-like smell in the upstairs master shower. (I was there for 3 years and no issues) I called the plumber. He snaked the pipes and they were clear. He checked...

Do I call a plumber or Septic Tank Co? [ 2 Answers ]

About 2 years ago I had my septic tank pumped due to backup of leaves and dirt in my shower and toilet. He said that I had a root problem. He cut as far as he could. After that, everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago. I noticed that every time I washed clothes the kitchen sink would gurgle...

Plumber Quit - Have to finish shower drain myself [ 11 Answers ]

This project is converting a garage into two bedrooms and a bathroom. I had the floor raised to match the house and the bathroom is all new plumbing. The problem I am having is what to do with the shower drain. The plumber obviously made the pipe extra tall for when the concrete was poured. I...

View more questions Search