Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foxwood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Wiring Honeywell RTH3100C thermostat
    I replaced my old mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C digital. My heatpump is an older Rheem. My wires are RED,YELLOW,GREEN, WHITE AND WHITE1. I connected the red,green,yellow to their respective terminals. I don't know what to do with the White1. The blower comes on and with the White 1 connected to the B terminal the aux heat comes on but the compressor doesn't run.

I know there have been several questions on this thermostat on this site but none of them seem to be the fix I need.

Thank you, Jerry
    dcm1245 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 12:34 PM
    The W1/W wire connects into the Honeywell "AUX" terminal, yet you need a jumper 18gauge wire to join "AUX and E" together. The jumper can be any 18g. Wire you can locate around the house measuring no longer 1".
    Voilą! Attach face plate and your god to go.
    Diane
    rckrusniak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2012, 09:17 AM
    Just installed rth31... Per instructions, however, blower now runs constantly even after set temp is reached, all other functions appear to be OK?? Bob

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring honeywell thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir, I purchased a honeywell digital thermostat, non programmable, and replacing the honeywell mechanical. The prooblem is i used terminals g y o w2on the old the new has e aux ygolrbc,i can hook up the gyo but,where does the brown wire go.the new honeywell is for heat pump also th321od ...

Replacing old heat pump thermostat with Honeywell RTH3100C [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem heat pump with auxiliary and emergency heat. My current thermostat is a Seco TA-2000 with the following wiring configuration: B W2 X R G and a piece of wire connected between E and W2. There's also an orange wire that's not connected to the thermostat. The Honeywell manual does not...

Honeywell RTH3100c Wiring Question [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman 5 ton 13 seer heat pump. We have a pre-existing heating unit (electric) that is to be used for just Emergency heat. I connected all the wires, but there was a question that came up. The manual said that if the old thermostat had w1, w2 and why wires, I need to contact a heating...

View more questions Search