Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Nov 4, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Pomegranate seeds
    Do you or don't you eat the seeds of the pomegranate?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 11:30 AM
    I eat them, but I eat the skins of kiwi and the cores of apples as well. They are quiet bitter but if you eat loads of the flesh it's fine.
    I used to try and remove them but it's more hassel than it's worth.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Oh I love pomegranate seeds as a snack; eating the seeds is the proper way of doing so. I find that the easiest way of removing the seeds away from the pulp is to fill a bowl up with water, cut the fruit in half and place in bowl, and then gently pull seeds away and they will sink to the bottom of the bowl while the yucky pulp will float to the top. The are great to eat alone or you can sprinkle them in yogurt or salads! Very good for you too!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Definitely eat the seeds, their great except for the red dye that stains everything it leaks on, rankrank55 has the easiest idea for getting the seeds out. The fruit itself can be stored in a cool dry place for at least one month, or refrigerated for up to 2 months and the seeds, after cleaning can be frozen in a airtight freezer bag for up to 1 year. And if you juice them, after straining the seeds, just keep in the fridge, also good to sip on, or add to other drinks.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 03:08 PM
    You can also cut the pom in half and tap the back (skin side) with a spoon to knock the seeds out. They're quite good!
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Nov 4, 2007, 05:25 PM
    The seeds as in the white part, or the red part?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xAjikanx
    The seeds as in the white part, or the red part?
    The white part, don't eat, it's basically the peels membrane, what you eat is those little jelly looking round things.:D
    mommyofthree Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by savedsinner7
    Do you or don't you eat the seeds of the pomegranate?
    The seeds I hear are very nutritional!! Eat them... I don't like the texture though

Nov 5, 2007, 07:41 AM
    The little grainy things inside the red juicy parts of the seeds. These are what I'm questioning.
    mommyofthree Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Sinner, you can eat that entire juicy part... including the little seeds. That's the part I don't like though... I usually suck the juice off them and spit the rest out lol... its a waste but... yeah :)
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Saved, that's what I thought you were referring to. Thought I'd gone mad for a while.

Nov 5, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Grandma used to make me spit out the center seeds as a child. I ate some of them cause it's easier and less messy, but wanted to find out if OK. Thanks all.
    alkaloidaholic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 10:25 PM
    Yes you can eat them. Just chew them up real good and grind them with your molars. They actually have a nice grainy texture and a flavor completely different than the juice. They get kind of stuck in your teeth, though. A good source of fiber...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who can eat pepper seeds [ 5 Answers ]

Can the seeds in red peppers be eaten

Are Pepper Seeds Poisonous? [ 10 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if pepper (as in the red / green / yellow / orange variety) seeds are poisonous? I've been told it by a couple of people but I'm not sure whether to believe them or not!

Pomegranate Inscription: Forgery or Authentic? [ 9 Answers ]

If you like History, Mystery or Science, you should check this out. You can even join in helping give judgment on it as no science is needed to judge it's authenticity. To bring you up to speed: Years ago an inscription was found which seemed to be the oldest mention of the "name of God": from...

Germinating grass seeds [ 1 Answers ]

What is the most effective way to germinate grass seeds? It is for my art project and I've seen it being done with cotton wool but were do I start?

View more questions Search