Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fixmenow Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 06:14 AM
    3 wire old steam with zone vals
    :confused: I have 2 zone steam boiler with honeywell mechinal zone valves controlled by a three wire thermostat zone valves need power to open on call from thermostat as well as power to close from thermostat... valve is definitely working but I can't figur how to wire 3 wire t stat properly... help
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 10:15 AM
    This type of control system uses a special thermostat with a reostat in it, the thermostat either sends voltage through one wire to open or the other wire to close, usually you will have a red, a white and a blue wire, try touching the red wire to the white wire and the valve should open allowing steam to go through the coil, if this does not work try another combination. The thermostat will have letters on the terminals that will (or should) match the wire colors. Good luck, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire zone valves [ 3 Answers ]

I have a oil fired boiler with taco 562 zone valves.My wires are from transformer red&green.Wire from thermostat are red& green.On my zone valves the wires are red,green&yellow.Aperson who said he could fix zone valves had taken all wires off the zone valves.The zone valves have numbers 1,2,3,which...

Hard wire 3 wire to 4 wire 220 service [ 2 Answers ]

How do I hard wire my 3 wire (red,blk & bare copper wires) 220vac cooktop to the 4 wire (black/white stripe,black/red stripe, blk/blk & bare alum wires) in the house supply j-box ?

Thermal zone pa36k-1s transformer wire diagram [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the wire color and placement on the transformer please I have a red from thermostat,red,white and a black and a gray piggybacked

How do I wire a new FHW zone [ 5 Answers ]

I have a gas fired, forced hot water heating system with 3 zones. The zones are controlled by a TACO switching relay (SR506). I would like to add a 4th zone. That is relatively simple. I can add the circulating pump, etc. and can easily connect the new thermostat. But I do not want a...

3-wire home, 3-wire fan, 2-wire remote [ 9 Answers ]

Greetings, My home is 3-wire. I bought a Hunter ceiling fan (model 23811). The fan came with a remote assy. That I do NOT want to use... The fan has standard 3-wire connections (black, white, blk&white strip, ground). The remote receiver home-side wiring looks to be for 2-wire (blk and white)....

View more questions Search