Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keron56 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 01:30 AM
    What does it mean?
    Ok this is a short version. I love this girl with everything I have and she also loves and cares for me so much and we've been together for 1 1/2 years. She broke it off because of my jealously and insecurities and she wants me to get help and she wants the old me back before I was away in the military for 7 months. She also said that she needed to find out what is out there we are both still young. I told her that I'd get help I started seeing a christian counsoler and made appointments to be seen by a pyscologist/pyschiatrist and the clinic. I asked her to just be with me and be on a break to help me through this to get help she said she couldn't. She cried the past 3 times we talked on the phone telling me how much she loves me but she doesn't know what she want. She did say in on of our phone calls when I asked if I'd get another chance she said "a good chance". Now I talked to her today that I couldn't keep in my emotions I've been doing all this stuff to get help and but I wanted to know what she had been thinking about about "us" She told me that I still have a good chance but she doesn't think we should talk each week because its hard on her and myself and it messes with her head and that she still need to explore her feelings. I'm so afraid right now? What do I do? I mean not talk to her but I just don't understand we both love each other so much. The first week her mom told me if anyone would talk about me or ask about me she'd start to tear up its obviously just as hard on her as me. But so what's she doing? Do you think this means she's gone for good? Or just needs to enjoy her friends and such a lot of the things she didn't get to do much with me a round. Please help!
    linds03 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 08:30 AM
    I'm going through the same thing right now... it's the hardest thing ever, I know. However, you need to respect her wishes... is she wants space then give it to her. Don't call her, let her call you. Believe me, when you don't hear from someone you love for awhile you wonder what their doing and miss them more. Just give the girl time. She needs to figure her thoughts out for herself and speaking with you makes it much more difficult. Best of luck to you... hope it turns out the way you want it to :) Be patient, and try to stay busy. Don't sit in your room all day starting at your phone... get out and do something!

Nov 4, 2007, 10:57 PM
    If the girl is an entirely honest person would she tell me there's a good chance of there being an us again? Because that's what she told me. I don't understand why She would say that but entirely mean she never wanted to try it again after I got my help?
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Nov 5, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Keron you need to loosen your belt, you need to get yourself back down to earth. The only way the medical stuff will work is if your doing it for YOU and in no way for others or to better your chances for a relationship. Yes that is the goal but time is needed for your goal/s to mature and for you to realize which goals are realistic and which are pipe smoke. When going to the moon we aim our craft in the opposite direction not strait at the moon. Sounds like you've aimed your counseling straight at this girl.

Nov 5, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Well so I talked to her mother today about some people I could talk to through the clinic You see getting her back is a huge goal of mine and but I've had problems with anger,depression since I was younger and been seen before when I was not an adult. But I believe that my control,jealousy, and insecurites of losing her are from my past anger issues etc. So yes her leaving me has shocked me so much that I came out of denial and that I need help because I want to be happy and I want to stop these things but I also want to show her that I'm dedicated to her and want us to work.

But regarding contacting my ex's mom which is really close to me and is also my ex's best friend she had told me that she never wanted to give up on me in the first place and something she's been struggling with for a long time and she also told me she doesn't think my ex is the type of person to just say something she doesn't mean. So if this is the case perhaps maybe its not that she wants me gone but would rather just be out for awhile with her friends etc. Until I get help and can show her that she can be free while we are together. Her mother also told me that just the other day she told her that she had good moments and bad moments and started to cry about me. So she is still emotional about me, is this a good sign?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search