Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hj3 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Nov 4, 2007, 12:19 AM
    What table saw would you recommend?
    Hello. I am trying to purchase a good multifunction table saw. I will be working on projects from models for class to renovating homes. What brand, type, etc would you recommend in a couple of different price ranges (for example $100-$200, $200-$400 etc.)?

I was looking at two craftsman tablesaws from Sears. One has sort of mixed reviews and the other does as well, but they both sound vaguely the same. However, based on the comments I read, it seems as if they're not as great quality as I thought (or I could be wrong). Please let me know what tablesaw you'd recommend and what I should look for. Thank you & have a good day.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2007, 04:43 AM
    I do urge you to check out the videos here: SawStop

For other saws look at the rip fence construction. You can buy after-market rip fences. The material it's made from, the size of the fence, the straitness and the ease it is to set,
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 07:02 AM
    KISS does have a great product there,I almost wish I had checked that one out before I purchased my table saw!

My saw is a JETŪ Woodworking - HOMEI am very happy with it,only would like to point out the necessity to get the dial guide rip fence,it really makes sense if your going to do a lot with this type of equipment.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 07:02 AM
    KISS does have a great product there,I almost wish I had checked that one out before I purchased my table saw!

My saw is a http://woodworking.jettools.com/,I am very happy with it,only would like to point out the necessity to get the dial guide rip fence,it really makes sense if your going to do a lot with this type of equipment.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 08:14 AM
    I personally have had great results with my craftsman table saw.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 08:25 AM
    I have a craftsman that's better than twenty five years old, been a good one, only thing I've done is upgrade the fence system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would You Recommend this? [ 2 Answers ]

Would you recommend the skin care products of L'oreal personally?:confused:

Can anyone recommend a decent mobo [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a new motherboard for my computer as the gateway one that I have just now simply isn't good enough and is fussy with ram. I'm looking for one that can hold 2gb-8gb ram and can be either intel or amd. I was thinking of the asus commando board but I'm unsue of it.;) ;)

What you recommend? [ 2 Answers ]

I am not happily married and have not been for over 10 years... I keep telling myself that things will get better only to watch them get worse even my children want me to leave. However, I would like to know from those who are divorced did you separate for a while prior to getting the divorce? And...

View more questions Search