Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rccastro9057 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 11:56 PM
    Declaration of guardianship
    My spouse and I have recently gained temporary guardianship of our 3 grandchildren in California. The mother and father both signed the consent forms now the mother and matrnal grandmother of the children are objecting to the guardianship. We have many pictures taken from the myspace website showing drugs, guns and gang affiliation. This is not the environment we want for our grandchild. We would like to file a declaration in the courts and present the exhibits as to why we are wanting full guardianship. Does anyone know the form that is used to file this kind of action in the courts in California?
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 12:35 AM
    I have been where you are and I have been involved with several online groups (one of them is a Canadian support group that I own) for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren. If you haven't already, I would suggest that you visit Grandsplace. Kathy is a wealth of information for GRG's. Be sure to take a look at her Legal Resources page.

I thought I had the information that you require, but I guess it is on my old computer. If I come across it I will post it, but in the meantime please take the time to browse that site. She has a chat room, too, and if you can't find the information and support you require, she will know where and how to get it.

Best of luck! If you can, please keep us advised.

Hugs, Didi
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 12:39 AM
    By the way, I presume the negative things you refer to are in reference to your grandchildren's parents and not the grandparents? If so, they may be filing because they are afraid they will lose their grandchildren. Try to work with them on this if there are no significant reasons you shouldn't. It will be better for the children and make your life a lot easier. It is probably important that the kids have both sets of grandparents in their lives, especially as they get older.

Hugs, Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration declaration fee [ 1 Answers ]

What is a "declaration fee" in regards to immigration

History-The Declaration of Independence [ 1 Answers ]

In the Declaration of Independence (1776) what phrases in particular stand out as Enlightenment-era rhetoric?

Declaration of Emancipation Continued [ 4 Answers ]

I live in South Dakota. I just recently turned 17. I want so badly to move in with my older brother who is 23. It just seems like each fight my parents and I have it gets worse and worse. I want to leave, but I know that there is no way my parents would let me leave. They are too controlling and...

Declaration of Emancipation [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I am 17 years old, and my family life isn't exactly the greatest thing. I am constantly coming home to drunk parents who seem to not care about me at all, and they take their aggression out on me. I would like to emancipate myself, but I'm afraid of what might happen. How do you go about...

Constitution, declaration of independence [ 0 Answers ]

What is the difference between the declaration of independence, the universal declaration of human rights, and the US constitution? Or why were there 3 documents written? How were minorities violated in any of these?

View more questions Search