Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnnTaylor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Ammonium Sulfide 3ml (approx) safe outdoors?
    Hello,
    Would 3mL of an Ammonium Sulfide solution be considered unsafe and/or annoying if it were used outside on private property?

I live in a city and want to keep my stoop clear of those wanting to use it as a smoking, foul language and vomit stop (yep, cleaned it up last sat). I have an adjoining neighbor that I don't want to offend, would the odor linger or blow away fairly quickly if used outdoors?

Thank you, Ann Taylor
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 05:09 AM
    I don't think it is a good idea, please read this safety card
    Safety (MSDS) data for ammonium sulfide solution

Do you want a chemical deterrent? There are lots of really smelly compounds that aren't poisonous. If these people are younger than yourself there is also a method that is used outside shops where I live. They play a really high pitched sound, people under a certain age can hear it and it's really unpleasant but people over a certain age can't. Et voilą yob deterrent!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need approx 97,000 to payoff bank note @ 145,00 bank will forgive the rest, any ideas [ 4 Answers ]

Who do we turn to? Anyone willing to invest in us?? Grants or loans we don't know??

Two new kittens that are outdoors [ 1 Answers ]

I just got two 9 week old kittens yesterday. They were brother and sister. They were outside cats. They were eating rats, pork and beans, meat, dog food, cat food. I just got them kitten chow but they barely eat it what should I do ? Also how do I teach them to be indoor kittens when they are...

Hydrogen sulfide in water - due to water softener? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I've been trying to determine the source of a rotten eggs smell that was coming from our sinks and shower. At first I thought it was coming from the drains, and that it had to do with the septic system and/or plumbing pipes/vents. However, I have since determined that the source is the...

Approx 1980's cartoon dogs with horns (possibly anime/manga) [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember a short series/film about this pup that was found by a young boy. The pup belonged to a pack of dogs that resembled alsatians but had horns on their head. The dogs attacked the building where the pup was being held as they were vicious and the horns lit up when...

Condenser fan (outdoors) doesn't work [ 2 Answers ]

Today is my first time this year to use the central air condition. However, the condenser fan (outdoors) doesn't work. I cab hear the buzz noise. The unit inside the home is working. The condenser fan doesn't even rotate when I try to move it by hand. What I can do with it? Thanks a lot!

View more questions Search