marielav Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 07:48 PM
    Price Per Share
    How to calculate price per share
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2012, 05:56 PM
    1st Step:
    Calculate the correct date taking into account non-trading days, information available from corporate filings, etc.

2nd Step
    Located in quarterly and annual reports, calculate the company's net income as of the date you chose in the 1st step.

3rd Step
    Subtract out the dollar value of any dividends paid on preferred stock -- this is the numerator.

4th Step
    Calculate the number of common outstanding shares as of the date you chose. If you have to use an average number, use a weighted average -- this becomes the denominator

5th Step
    Divide the number from the 3rd step by the number of common shares from the 4th step.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I calculate the Price per share of a common stock using these variables? [ 6 Answers ]

Sales = 10,000 units Sales Price per unit = $10 Variable Cost per unit = $5 Fixed Costs = $10,000 Bonds Outstanding = 15,000 Kd = on Outstanding Bonds = 8% Tax Rate = 40% Shares of Common Stock Outstanding = 10,000 Beta = 1.4 Krf = 5%

Basic earnings per share and diluted earnings per share [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: what is the different between Basic earnings per share and Diluted earnings per share :confused:

Share with DC ++ [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently started to surf the internet but a software called dc ++ there I have to enter into different hubs and channels The real problem is most of the channels have some minimum share like 100mb, 500mb I am only able to enter into the 0 share channel Will somebody tell me how...

View more questions Search