Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    icbb2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 05:15 PM
    "Motion For Summary Judgement"
    How do I respond to a "Motion For Summary Judgement" without asking to get a court trail to itnent to defend.

I want to respond and prolong this case because I am filing bakruptcy soon and I am still paying my lawyer. My bankruptcy lawyer will take care of it when I am already filed but I want to prevent to have a judgement.

I need to buy time. Can someone help me, I would appreciate it very much.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by icbb2000
    How do I respond to a "Motion For Summary Judgement" without asking to get a court trail to itnent to defend.

I want to respond and prolong this case because I am filing bakruptcy soon and I am still paying my lawyer. My bankruptcy lawyer will take care of it when I am already filed but I want to prevent to have a judgement.

I need to buy time. Can someone help me, I would appreciate it very much.

If you are going to file bankruptcy in the near future why are you avoiding a summary judgment (which will be discharged - presumably - as part of the bankruptcy)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion for summary judgement/debt cllctn [ 1 Answers ]

How do I respond to a "Plaintiff's Motion for Summary Judgment" which has been filed against me in Texas? I do not have an attorney, but I have been responding to all papers from the collection agency's lawyer and the court as best I can.

"kinematics-motion in one dimension" [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with three questions on a homework set. Could someone please offer help as how to solve these problems. Other examples would be great! Thanks 1) A daring ranch hand sitting on a tree limb wishes to drop vertically onto a horse galloping under the tree. The constant speed of...

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

View more questions Search