Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Nov 14, 2005, 12:33 AM
    Computer upgrading...
    Hi there guys you know I really want to know how to upgrade my PC...
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2005, 03:20 AM
    Clarify a bit: Are you speaking of individual components? If so, which ones?

If you look at the prices of 5 years ago for systems and components compared to now, we see a huge decrease in system prices but not so huge on the components.

I'm finding that if I want to upgrade more than 2-3 components, I'm better off buying a new system.

What are the specs on your system now?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2005, 05:47 AM
    Upgrade PC
    Hi,
    As mentioned, please post back with what, or how, you want to upgrade.
    If you are thinking about buying a new one, what will you be using it for mainly?
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Jan 15, 2006, 05:46 PM
    Let say I'm having a pentium 3 PC and I want my PC to work faster, I'm an artist so I need to install graphics software and some of these programs makes my PC slower sometimes it hung my PC when I'm trying to open a larges file and some file can't be open because of something about the resolution it said.. and some command in the program can't activate because of something about the memory it said..

I know that in upgrading the component to be replace should be compatible to each other am I right...

What component to change if I want to upgrade my pc's speed
    And can I use any types of hard driver, I want change my hard drive... :)
    migrate 308 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 04:29 AM
    Have Sony PCV-RX406 Computor. Can I upgrade this model with G Force 7600 GS 256 mb DDR2 AGP 8x.?.
    migrate 308 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 04:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by avel
    Hi there guys you know i really want to know how to upgrade my pc...
    Have Sony PCV-406 Computer.Can I upgrade my Graphics with G Force 7600 GS 256 MB DDR2 AGP 8x.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upgrading Hard Drive [ 5 Answers ]

I have to upgrade an old computer's hard drive and I have a few questions. If anyone could help that would be great! What special hardware will be needed to allow the new hard drive to work with the old computer? Also is there any software or firmware issues that I should be aware of? Thanks

Upgrading from 100 amp to 200amp Q's [ 5 Answers ]

:eek: I would like to upgrade my Box from 100 amp service to a 200 amp service, the electrical company said that the wire to my house is rated for higher so basically I just need to get an inspection and have a electrician change out the box. What are the pro vs cons moving to a larger amp box?...

Upgrading from ME to Windows XP [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difficulty rating in upgrading from ME to XP and should I back up ME prior to the upgrade.

View more questions Search