Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boydcj1201 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Dual citizenship for grandaughter of French Citizen
    My Mother is French with dual citizenship in the United States. I was born in the United States and just recently received my French Birth Certificate and have been added to my mother's Livret de Famille. I have a daughter working in Europe as an Expat and would like to get her french citizenship. Does anyone know the best way to approach this? Can I apply for my Livret de Famille and get my daughter registered as a french citizen at the same time or must they be done separately? Thanks!
    Evodie Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by boydcj1201
    My Mother is French with dual citizenship in the United States. I was born in the United States and just recently received my French Birth Certificate and have been added to my mother's Livret de Famille. I have a daughter working in Europe as an Expat and would like to get her french citizenship. Does anyone know the best way to approach this? Can I apply for my Livret de Famille and get my daughter registered as a french citizen at the same time or must they be done separately? Thanks!
    I am myself french and in order for you to take any step, you would have to contact the French ambassy of New York, Washington or different consulate that they have around the country.
    Where are you located if I may ask, so I can give you a website or info.
    boydcj1201 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 12:06 PM
    We have been in touch with the consulate in Chicago - they have been less than helpful. Our hope is that we can find out the information rather than receive single bits of information - a little at a time. They have not been friendly or forthcoming. We are exploring every site we can think of. I find it difficult to believe that each step must be done separately as there is such a duplication of effort.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Us citizen wanting dual citizenship [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My parents are portuguese born and I have travelled there yearly since birth. I have been debating obtaining dual citizenship with Portugal in order to make travel easier, healthcare while there easier and any future property owning easier. Are there any pitfalls of this or...

Can French citizen applying for US citizenship keep French nationality too? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am a French citizen with a green card since 1997, that I obtained through marriage. I have been living in the US since then and I would like to apply to a US citizenship but keep my French citizenship as well. Is this possible? Also, I am now separated from my husband. Can I...

View more questions Search