Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missykitty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Transferring probation
    My finance is serving 90 days in monroe county jail in Michigan where he lives he is on felony probation attempt to sell maj.. but he also broke probation when he moved to his moms without telling his po it was only to another county. So he gets out nov 30th and he wants to move to Alabama where me and his son live. I am trying to figure out if we can get his probation transferred and start the paper work why he is in there because I heard it takes a while for a transfer and we really want to be together right when he gets out. Plus he really does not have any one to help him there his mom says that he can come live with her but he would have to get it transferred if he moves there because she is a different county.and he has no one at all to stay with anymore in the county that he is on probation in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2007, 02:02 PM
    If he is serving 90 days I doubt he would have it approved if he asked th first day it went in, He has to get first permission of the state he is in, and then permission from the receiving state. Add to that, the fact he violated his probation already to the point the judge made him serve 90 days, it is very possible they would not even give permission.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Hello miss:

At the top of the criminal law page, you'll find a think I wrote on transferring probation. Go read it.

excon
    jester95020 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 03:15 AM
    It sounds bizarre but my probation officers supervisor told me that a felony was more likely to be transferred than a misdemeanor?!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring probation [ 8 Answers ]

How do I transfer to another county if I'm on felony probation:confused:

Transferring probation from Va. To Ks. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a fiancé that lives in Ks. And I'm on probation in Va for bad checks. I have filled the paper work with my P.O. to do the transfer. Will Kansas give me any problems? I have a place to live there. I don't see how I can get a job till I move.

Transferring probation to another state [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently on probation in the stat of wv, and I'd like to move.I can do this once,application's cost me $50.00,each one of them.this I know,what I don't know is would,or will washinton state accept this,Im on probation for felony possession of marijuana,I want to move to seattle,please help me...

Transferring Probation [ 1 Answers ]

We have requested that my husbands probation be transferred From N.Y to SC. He will be transferring his job in September . We applied with the probation department early because they told us that it could take months for it to go through.The problem is that we were told thet he has to have a...

Transferring deeds [ 3 Answers ]

After we got married my ex husband bought a house just in his name, now such property was declared a community property,we have to go back to court for the final resolution in November. So far, he has taken private loans and there is little equity left; how can I force him to put my name in the...

View more questions Search