Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cari1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Eviction from apartment
    My landlord served me with eviction papers which were not correct according to a lawyer
    I had hired. He wrote her a letter and since its an illegal apt he told me not to pay
    Anymore rent-that was last month and to save my money to get out.I live on Long Island so finding and affordable apt was hard.I finally found one but won't be leaving till the endo of the week. My landlord threw out my patio set (it was cheap but that isnot the point)and all she does is bang on top of my head so its impossible to stay home. What can I do? Can she sue me and win?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Hello cari:

No, she can't collect on an illegal apartment. In fact, if she threw out your stuff, you can sue her, and I would.

Hang in there. You'll be out in a week.

excon
    cari1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello cari:

No, she can't collect on an illegal apartment. In fact, if she threw out your stuff, you can sue her, and I would.

Hang in there. You'll be out in a week.

excon
    Thanks for the encouragement. What do I do about all the noise. This woman is scary and wicked!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cari1
    what do i do about all the noise.
    Hello again, cari:

You WAIT a week and leave! Unless, of course, you want trouble.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New apartment [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm going to move in to a new studio (one room apartment) in couple of months and I really want To make it look good witout using a lot of money. I've looked at some examples in magazines and I Wonder if I should decorate my room in an extreme Fancy way that I like (such as leopard...

Apartment A/C [ 11 Answers ]

I live in an upstairs apartment in Houston. My a/c is not cooling off the apartment. If cools off at night, but increases throughout the day, beginning around 10 am. I have all blinds closed, a ceiling fan in the bedroom, and an oscillating fan in the living room. I have not been running the...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

View more questions Search