Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peaches03 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Using IRAs to purchase Real Estate for investment
    My husband and I have a bunch of IRA funds some Roth, some regular, another 401k. We are both self employed, he is 44 and I am 48. We read a short article once on how we can have a bigger investment if we purchase property with it instead. We don't know how to go about this or who to consult about it. What type of professional would know A lot about this subject rather than just a little. Thank you for any help we can get.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 5, 2007, 03:10 PM
    I'm not an expert, but below are a couple of web sites to look at - the first two give some general information and advice, and the third is from a company you can actually work with to set up your self-directed IRA. Be very careful that you don't mix any of the transactions from your IRA with other accounts - all costs on this property must be borne by the IRA (for example, don't ever write a personal check for maintenance or insurance on the property, or you will have major tax headaches), and this must be investment property, not a vacation home or used by your business. Good luck!

Online Exclusive: Buy Real Estate in Your IRA

Ground your retirement fund with real estate - MSN Money

The Nation's Leading Real Estate IRA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real estate investment [ 1 Answers ]

When to start investment on real estate? How much savings should one have suffiently before starting real estate investment?:) Thanks

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

Buying investment real estate and renting it to myself [ 5 Answers ]

Just wondering... Is it legal to buy a small house, put the property in an LLC, and rent it to myself under another LLC? I am self employed in sales. While a lot of people in my field work out of their house, I chose to rent a small office. Rather than keep paying rent and see the money go...

Capitol Gains, Real Estate & investment ? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: We are selling family property (178 acres & a house), to be split between 6 siblings. It will sell between $1 & $1.6 million. Will we have to pay Capitol Gains on 1/6 of the selling price, or the whole amount? Will we have to "buy up" to avoid Capitol Gains? We will be...

View more questions Search