Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beachbabe74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 09:19 AM
    What does our conversation mean?
    My ex and I dated for 5 years and I broke up with him 3 years ago because I was insecure. We went a year without speaking and over two years without seeing each other. Since then I have seen him a few times (lunch, hang out) usually his idea. Last week he called and asked if I wanted to go to dinner. The conversation felt very natural and we started talking about why we broke up. We both apologized for some things and had some good laughs. He said he thought we were two normal people that just didn't make it work and that I was the last normal one he'd dated. He said he was tired of dating women that either didn't have things in common with him, lied to him or cheated on him. I apologized for some of my insecurities and he said that of all the people he would hold a grudge against, I would not be one of them and not to worry about it. He brought up the first time we met and several of the Valentines Days we had together. He brought up the first time we saw each other after I left and said he was nervous to see me after all that time, that he thought we would run into each other out somewhere and he had no idea so much time would pass without seeing the other. After our dinner he left some pictures at my house. We have talked on the phone (again, usually him calling me) almost every day since and the other night I reminded him I had the pics. He asked if he could pick them up that night and suggested we watch one of our old favorite television shows together. (I said yes). Is he being nostalgic? Clearing the air for a good friendship? Or does he still love me? I had just assumed he would not want me back (I wasn't nice when I left) and even though I still have strong feelings for him, I was willing to push those to the side since I was lucky enough to still be his friend.
    enigmagnetic Posts: 333, Reputation: 45

Nov 3, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Seemingly he wants you. I mean he's hinting more than Carmen Sandiego. You really need to test this somewhat. I would rarely suggest this but here goes. Ask him. Ask what his thoughts on what you two are or can be. Tell him, you know I don't understand where this is going and what do you want? You guys seem like you're both into each other just afraid of rejection. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conversation with guys [ 9 Answers ]

How do I just go up to a guy and start talking? I'm shy and not really sure how to start a conversation.

Conversation with a girl you like [ 1 Answers ]

What can I talk about with a girl in my class in school?

Intimate conversation? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband starting talking to a woman -- started business. She used to call him all of the time and now he calls her and talks to her for an hour at a time about his life, favorite vacation spots, his feelings, and everything going on with him at his work. I feel like this is inappropriate...

Simple conversation [ 5 Answers ]

I SUCK AT IT! Unless there is a topic (silly or serious) I have a hard time holding a conversation. An example is when somebody comes and sits by me while I'm eating breakfast and says "what's up?". They don't always want a conversation but when they do what do I say other than "nothing, how did...

How to initiate a conversation [ 12 Answers ]

I need a little advice and some opinions on this matter. I have been single for almost 5 months now, and although I am enjoying being single and recovering from a very serious relationship and difficult breakup, there are times I will see or meet a guy that I want to talk to, and maybe see where...

View more questions Search