Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHEFAMJOHNSON Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 12:51 AM
    Peanut Butter for my puppy?
    I have a 5 month old puppy. Yorkie/Chiuaua Mix. I am curious about peanut butter. I bought a kong and would like to do the peanut butter deal for him for in his crate when I go away, but some people have said peanut butter is not good for him. Do I need to buy special peanut butter or just my normal old smooth/creamy jiffy will work?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Go with the Jiffy. I hope you did buy the smallest size Kong. The peanut butter in the Kong is a common trick, but you need to limit how much peanut butter the dog gets. All the more important for such a small dog. Most of its calories need to come from a dry, commercial dog chow. You also need to watch its weight. It is very easy to compromise the long life you should expect of a small dog by over feeding it. Evaluate the dog as illustrated in this link, LongLiveYourDog.com - Life Span Study - Rate Your Dog You may want the vet to confirm your judgment. Adjust the dogs food and exercise as needed to reach its ideal body condition.
    karabea Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2007, 02:30 PM
    My dog tends to get sick even from the smallest amount of peanut butter. My vet told me that if your dog is prone to having a sensitive stomach the oil in the peanut butter can make it worse. We put dog kibble in her kong, and when she got older, she loved it when we put ice in there for her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Saturated Fat in Peanut Butter [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to reduce my cholesterol naturally rather than medicines. I have been able to get it down somewhat but not enough to make my doctor or me happy. I am going through all the foods I eat. I have heard of all the wonderous things about Peanut Butter BUT it packs a 3-3.5 grams of saturated...

Butter Worth filter implementation in C++ [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Guys, I'm in need of implementing butter worth filter in C++. Problem is I don't know about the butter worth filter internals. I have a code in MathLab which used to filter some ECG signals( Echo Cardio Gram) this will be used further to process. I need to port this code portion to...

Cocoa Butter [ 2 Answers ]

I think I read on a page that if you use cocoa butter for at least 6 weeks daily that it will lower your melanin count and act as not only a sunblocker but also even and lighten your skin tone.. Im half puerto rican half black and I'm medium brown skin and I just want to get to at least Ludacris'...

Sugarless Peanut Butter? [ 8 Answers ]

I heard there is such a thing as sugarless peanut butter. But I cannot find it anywhere. All the ones I found contains at least 1g of sugar. Just what is the 'sugarless' peanut butter? Is it literally sugarless, or is the minimal amount (1g) considered sugarless? But all the peanut butters...

Peonut butter business [ 1 Answers ]

I want to get recipy to make peonut butter,, and also want to know about its preservative etc... so I can sell it in my country (india)thanx!! I shall be very thankful to u 4 this act... :)

View more questions Search