Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rpk2006 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Software Technical Writing
    I want to start with Technical Writing. I want to do this as a part of my leisure activities. I want to know how to start and how technical writers are paid.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 7, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Start with the Wikipedia entry on tech writing:

Technical writer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note the link to the Wikiversity tech writing course which is a free way to learn more about tech writing:

Technical writing - Wikiversity

Good places to search for tech writing projects that range from very small to very large include the following:

Elance - Outsourcing to freelance programmers, web & logo designers, copywriters, illustrators and consultants | Elance

Guru.com - The world's largest online marketplace for freelance talent.

Rent A Coder: How Software Gets Done -- The most completed software projects on the internet

Both Elance and Guru work best if you're a paying member since the best projects require a paying membership. RentACoder lets anyone bid on anything, I believe. If you Google "technical writer" you'll find many other links of interest.

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Technical- support writing [ 5 Answers ]

Technical support writing is kind of technical writing But I want to know what is mean and if there an example?

Technical writing [ 1 Answers ]

If you were writing a range of values you expect a measurement to fall in, how would you write it most accurately and concisely? Say the range is 8 to 12 dBV. "The expected value is 10 dBV ± 2 dB." "The expected value is 10 dBV ± 2 dBV." "The expected value is 10 ± 2 dBV." I think "10 ± 2...

Technical Writing [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, Can I get some suggestion on how to improve the below paragraph. Thanks, DAC We recommend creation of a spreadsheet of problems with their Resolutions to help communicate the history of problems that the

Technical writing [ 1 Answers ]

What basically a technical writing is is it necessary to have command over language to go in this professional

Technical and non-technical [ 3 Answers ]

hi pals what are technical skills and non-technical skills in IT industry?

View more questions Search