Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anatoly86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Too long ahhhh
    Hi I am 21 years old in first got my period at age 16 it is usually pretty normal but right now my period is too long I've had it for 12 days it stopped for a few hours today then it kicked back on heavy I'm not on the pill and I do not want to be I don't know if this matters but I was handling testosterone gel it spilled and I was cleaning up I don't know if maybe it is affecting me please help I have had people tell me to eat ceyenne pepper to stop the bleeding and to take ibprofen to stop it I don't know what to do and I would see a doc but I am afraid they will push the pill and also I have never had a pap or a pelvic exam do to abuse I am afraid and cry when any doc try please help
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 09:27 PM
    I am so sorry you have suffered abuse. I can see why you have a problem with the idea of going to a gynecologist or any doctor. The scariest part usually is just making the appointment and the first meeting but I have to say, there are some wonderful doctors out there. Please give them a chance to help you.

There are so many variables. What is your diet like, exercise, family history, stress level. I would encourage you to make some calls and if you feel too upset to do so, ask a best friend to make the calls for you to a reputable gynecologist. Ask if they would allow a friend to accompany you to the exam. If a doctor is the kind of doctor who really cares for his patients, he or she will want to establish trust with you and might just visit the first time. You might even just ask for a consultation visit... no exam. The physician might be able to guide you from there. Let me say this, if the first doctor does not meet your needs of establishing trust with you and makes you feel comfortable, seek out another doctor.

Do you go to a family physician regularly? It might be well to just ask for a blood work up... no exam if you are not yet comfortable with that. You could be anemic and just need iron. I am in no way suggesting that is a fix or that you should do this.

I would first and foremost encourage you to seek out a physician. If that physician is good, it could make all the difference in the world as to how you approach life from that point forward. Make that first step and do at least visit with a gynecologist or family physician. Best to you!
    HollyAnngel Posts: 38, Reputation: 4

Nov 4, 2007, 09:08 PM
    I was scared too my first exam and get very nervous even going to any dr. by myself... Get a femele dr. and they make u very comfertable. Telling them u had a problem is also an easier way to go about it... It is very important to go especially if u are having a problem. Oh and when u go to a gyn there is often another female nurse that pops in to help. I would not go to a man, I don't trust them...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long is too long to have depression? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm Ariel and am 16 years old. I have had depression for about 7 years starting around the time my parents were getting a divorce. My mother took me and my 3 other sisters to a Phsyciatrist for about a year then took us out for awhile then took me back in all within 2 years. I have been very strong...

Ahhhh! Lonely [ 13 Answers ]

Omg I am so sick of being lonely all the time. Heaps of my friends have boyfriends or at least have someone who lies them, a guy friend etc and I have no one. I hear everyone's stories about what's going on with them and don't get me wrong I like hearing about it and stuff but its just sometimes it...

How long is too long in a crate? [ 1 Answers ]

Things are going much better with training the puppy to go outside! Thank goodness! Now we're concerned about how long she's in the crate. I've seen opinions on both sides of the fence. Some say it's OK to leave her in there during the day while at work (which means she's also in the crate during...

A long long thread [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there. I've decided this to be a long thread because I will ask many many things and I hope to discuss many things here. If a coin is placed on a piece of card resting atop of a jar, it is possible to flick the card away sharply so that the coin falls into the jar. Explain why this is...

Long-short-long [ 2 Answers ]

Hey you Okay I have a dilemma.For along time I had Long hair(almost to my butt)but then I started working out and it would get sweaty so I cut it shorter(wayyy shorter like I cut off over 20 inches)but now I kind of miss my long locks! All I can do is wait.But every time I had long hair somehow I...

View more questions Search