Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macilb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 08:41 PM
    My computer freezes
    Hi:

When I use Internet Explorer to get on the web I cannot use Yahoo as my home page. My computer freezes up. When I use Google as my home page IE, I can get on the web but I can't access yahoo.com.

Louie,
    prasad_sai19 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Hi,
    Just try to ping the Yahoo wbsite, check what happen`s!! Or else try to open up the Yahoo website through the My Computer, It should work. Just check and if it is working send a relpy or rate the answer
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Nov 4, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Have you tried to clear up viruses on your computer? Mine would do that sometimes... certain things like Yahoo wouldn't work but other things would... I use spyware doctor to get rid of them... you may want to try it. It helped mine anyway,
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Nov 11, 2007, 08:39 PM
    1. Download and run Firefox to protect your from future spyware attacks and pop ups which are coming in through internet explorer (Trojan downloaders, win32 ) .Then update your windows through Firefox
    Security News from the net: spyware fighter essentials

Also install internet explorer 7 which is now free for everyone oct2007
    Security News from the net: Internet Explorer 7 available now to All Users
    This should stop 50% of the spyware and popups attacking your computer

2. Run the vundo and combo fix
    Security News from the net: vundofix and combo fix

3. Run the anti spyware remove programs spybot
    Security News from the net: Spybot search and destroy spyware and popups

And superantispyware
    Security News from the net: SUPERAntiSpyware Home Edition (free version)
    To get rid of the nasties

4. Run a free online virus scan to be sure you computer is virus and spyware free.
    Security News from the net: Online virus scan

5. Get the clean up tools to clean up the spyware from your temp folder (the place they are stored when downloaded by internet explorer)
    Security News from the net: Clean up tools to prevent people from tracing your internet surfing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer freezes when trying to burn [ 1 Answers ]

What the problem is with my computer is, I used to be able to burn music that is in windows media player, I have a lot of music in the media library. Now, just recently I can't burn any of the songs to a CD. When I click on copy, it says 'ready to copy' next to the songs, but then the computer...

Keyboard use freezes computer [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: I'm sick and tired of using my on screen keyboard. Please help! If I press any keyboard button or sound button on my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop it freezes the computer up. Before Windows starts I can use the keyboard because I'm able to get into the set up and all, but not after windows has...

Computer freezes when scanning! [ 3 Answers ]

Please help, I am somewhat knowledgeable about my computer but I am stumped.:mad: When I run a virus scan or my adaware scan(by lavasoft) my computer freezes. It froze before I put the adaware on there. I have a WALMART computer. HP with windows XP. Can U guys give me any hints?? :)

Computer is freezing [ 2 Answers ]

well I'm having the problem that my computer continuosly is freezing. So I read that may be for some spy or other things my computer would have, so I downloaded hijackthis and did a scan but I don't know what should I do this is the hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2 Scan saved at...

Computer Freezes [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me?  I have an E-Machine AMD Duron 800Mhz computer with 768 RAM.  I have been having a lot of problems with my computer for the past year.  Whenever I am using it, either on the web, printing something or just using a program, the computer just freezes.  I have done all the...

View more questions Search