Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sothisislife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Mother Dearest
    Well I don't really have a mental or emotional problem, unless hating your mother is a emotional problem. Which I can fully understand it being so. Yet the fact remains that I truly, and whole heartedly hate my mother. Id rather there be no feelings, but sadly its just pure blinding hate. I won't tell anyone this, I've told my best friend, but I won't tell her or my family nor do I care to tell them. Yet I don't care enough to confront her about my undeniable hate towards her. I don't know if I can live in the same house with her anymore. She isn't abusive, but I just hate her. I don't want her dead, I don't want harm to her, I just don't want to see her ever again. Yet sadly I'm to young to leave my house I'm only 16, and I can't get emancipated cause I don't have a really good excuse. So I don't know what help I could get, but if there is any advice you can give me I would gladly appreciate it.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Since you didn't list anything terrible she did to you, I would say I think you are probably going through a phase.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 05:52 PM
    You will be amazed when you are 25 at how silly you were at 16. I remember hating my mother at 15 and like you had no particular reason. When you grow up and have a better understanding of how the world works, you will appreciate your mother more.
    eaca1234 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2007, 08:09 PM
    The best thing I can offer you is attempt to get inside her shoes. Think about the situations in which she does things that make you hate her, and about whether you would be doing the same in her situation. I don't know if it will help you, but when I'm frustrated with people this helps me a lot.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Nov 12, 2007, 08:35 PM
    My mother was mentally, physically and socially abusive to me. For years I believed I had to love her for no other reason than the fact that she gave birth to me. When I was 26 she told me she would kill me during an argument she started. Had my dad not been there she probably would have killed me. I made myself believe I didn't love her after that and I didn't talk to her for 2 years. When she died the only person I hated was myself for not making one last effort to make things right between us. I realized that even as much as I thought I hated her I still loved her enough to hope that she is in peace where ever she is. I think your raging hormones and normal teen feelings are just fooling you into thinking you hate her... but you really don't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother-In-Law Acts Like My Children's Mother [ 6 Answers ]

I would like some advice on how to handle a situation with my mother-in-law. My mother-in-law was always the kind of woman who loved kids immensely, wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, her whole life revolves around her kids, etc. I think that is absolutely fabulous. Me, on the other hand, I've...

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

My Mother [ 13 Answers ]

My mom is a little crazy. First I thought she was stupid but now I'm pretty sure she's crazy. First some background information on my mother, she's illiterate and has very little education, OK that's enough background information. The problem is that she's convinced that there are cameras in the...

My mother [ 1 Answers ]

Who is my birth mother?:confused:

View more questions Search