Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avenger Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 02:33 PM
    More basic stuff
    Hi
    My tools menu show a computer broad band speed of 3.6 Mbps... can anyone tell me what does Mbps stand for and how fast is this i.e. is it 2 meg 3 meg 10 meg or whatever... it may be easy for you guys but I am starting.

Cheers

Tony... avenger.:o
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Mbps = Mega bytes per second

When I bought my first computer, I asked the guy I was buying it from to show me how it worked... He pointed to the power button and said, "Push that." Since then, I've right-clicked, and opened and closed millions, perhaps billions of pages. His advise was crucial to me building my confidence. I'm not a computer expert, never will be! But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.. just kidding. You should buy a simple book (I've got Windows 95 for Dummie's) and suprprise yourself with things some on your operating system that some here probably don't know. I hope this helps you.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 2, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Sorry Cap, but in this case Mbps stands for MegaBIT per second.
    Connection speeds are always in BITS not BYTES.

8 bit = 1 Byte

Megabit per second - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 03:07 PM
    I thought bytes were bits. Dang it, I should have read that chapter...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basic stuff [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Can anyone tell me how many bites there are in 3GB I use the internet for just email and minor surfing if I have a 3GB limit on my ISP package how much do think that indicates per day in usage. Thank you Jon

Basic physics or math stuff [ 1 Answers ]

The volume of liquid flowing per second is call the volume flow rate Q and has the dimension of ^3/. The flow rate of a liquid through a hypodermic needle during an injection can be estimated with the following equation: Q=((pi)(R^n)(P2-P1))/8NL. The length and radius of the needle are L and R,...

This is the basic need [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know that friendship is importment in life or not because I have no friends. Should I have a friend or not, if yes than how?:rolleyes:

Basic Training Stuff [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my folks have decided to try to learn computers :eek: . So I am hoping to find some really basic introduction training materials. Either a website with movies on or something to printo out and follow. Anyone have any good suggestions? TIA

Basic [ 16 Answers ]

Is there anyone here that is a teenager and programs in Qbasic?

View more questions Search