Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yangsoo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Accounting purchase of stock of small business
    When there is buy and sell of a small corporation wholly owned by one person in form of stock sales.
    New shareholder pays certain amount to the old shareholder. The old will realize gain or loss. Where does the new record his stock basis?

Thank you!

Check out some similar questions!

Journal entry for purchase stock [ 5 Answers ]

I have to make accounting module for pharmacy. Tell me whether I'm making rite entry or not Event is "Purchase of stock from manufacture on credit" Account are Manufacture_account Credit Inventory Debit Also tell me what will be its closing entry, is it correct Manufacture_account ...

Accounting for treasury stock used in stock dividend [ 1 Answers ]

How do I account for treasury stock use in a stock dividend for preferred stock? What would the journal entry by? I don't believe I should debit retained earnings for this transaction, but I'm not sure what account to debit. Please Help

Employee stock purchase [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I bought some stocks of my company using the Employee stock purchase plan while I was in India. I have moved to the US to the same company on L1 visa and the stocks are still in my account. I wish to sell them now. Where do I need to show this income and pay tax on it? India or US? Thanks,...

Timing of home purchase and stock sales. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a situation which I can use some advice. I've been working in PA for 6 months now and want to move my family down from NYC permanently. Also we like to purchase a place instead of renting. Now my question is relating to when should I sell stock options. What would be the best...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.