Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malh89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2005, 11:56 PM
    Shaving rash
    Im a male and I shave my chest, stomach, and lower back. Every time I shave I get this weird rash. I don't think its razor burn, or ingrown hair because its not sore or anything. Its just these little bumps I get on the left and right side of my stomach up to the lower portion of my nipples and as well as on my back. They almost have the appearance of scars in the places where I have been saving the longest, but still just look like bumps in the place where I have recently just started sahving. Do you have any idea of what this maybe, and any suggestions on creams, or procedures to get rid of this?

Thank you,

Malcolm
    wambiekins45 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by malh89
    Im a male and I shave my chest, stomach, and lower back. Every time I shave I get this wierd rash. I dont think its razor burn, or ingrown hair because its not sore or anything. Its just these little bumps I get on the left and right side of my stomach up to the lower portion of my nipples and as well as on my back. They almost have the appereance of scars in the places where i have been saving the longest, but still just look like bumps in the place where i have recently just started sahving. Do you have any idea of what this maybe, and any suggestions on creams, or procedures to get rid of this?

thank you,

malcolm
    I just signed up and I noticed you have the same problem as I do! Thanks,Dave
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 12, 2007, 04:20 PM
    It's known as razor bumps. Razor bumps are small, irritated bumps on the skin that develop after shaving when strands of hair curl back on themselves and grow into the skin. You might want to stop shaving your chest for a while until the bumps go away. You can also exfoliate the area with and exfoliant. Try using an alpha hydroxy lotion, it will remove dead skin cells and clear up the bumps.

To prevent razor bumps, use warm water to soften the skin and hairs before shaving. Then, apply shaving cream or foam and shave in the direction of hair growth, which is downward. Be sure to use a moisturizing lotion after shaving.
    ludermae Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by malh89
    Im a male and I shave my chest, stomach, and lower back. Every time I shave I get this wierd rash. I dont think its razor burn, or ingrown hair because its not sore or anything. Its just these little bumps I get on the left and right side of my stomach up to the lower portion of my nipples and as well as on my back. They almost have the appereance of scars in the places where i have been saving the longest, but still just look like bumps in the place where i have recently just started sahving. Do you have any idea of what this maybe, and any suggestions on creams, or procedures to get rid of this?

thank you,

malcolm
    You could try using hair conditioner for shaving. My legs break out terrible. I read or was told to use hair conditioner. It really works for me. Good luck!
    wambiekins45 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 09:39 AM
    I found out that using the sideburn trimmer works much better than shaving ! My chest,stomach and pubic area look so much better ! Dave

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rash comes and goes [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My 11 month old baby boy has had a fine red rash on his cheeks that comes and goes. It seems to really flare up when he's hot, after he wakes up, and sometimes after a bath. I've had doctors tell me that it's dry skin, and another one said my child was allergic to something. It's been...

Neck rash [ 8 Answers ]

A few years ago I began to notice a rash on one side of my neck. Today it has progressed to both sides of my lower face and down both sides of my neck. It is dark and splotchy. Any idea what might be causing this discoloration?

Rash on ankle [ 5 Answers ]

Can you please help I have a rash on my both ankle that came up in the hot weather and it does not seem to go away

Rash [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up this morning with huge whelts all over my legs. They don't itch but, to the touch they are huge. Can anyone tell me what this may be?

Shaving rash [ 4 Answers ]

3 or 4 days after shaving my ampit I get bumps under the ampit . Any advice on what to use to shave...

View more questions Search