Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EO27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 08:41 AM
    I can't gain weight
    Six weeks ago I had a 7 hour spinal operation, and whilst recovering I lost 2 and a half kilos.

I've always been very thin as I have a really fast metabolism, but I've always eaten loads! Since my operation though, I can't seem to get my appetite back, and I get full up really quickly.

I also keep getting ongoing diarrhea which can't be good for me.
    I'm sick of people staring at my jutting out wrist, shoulder and elbow bones,
    And I hate my body when I get changed.
    My ribs stick out and I really do hate my body.
    But I can't gain any weight.
    Please help!
    sentient being Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 08:15 PM
    I have stumbled into this area more recently, after taking herbs from a chinese doctor that accelerated my thyroid. He said I had an underactive thyroid and treated me accordingly. I lost weight rapidly within just a few days. It was like my digestive organs could not keep up with my thryoid. Anyway, since then, I continue to lose weight very easily. I weigh a normal weight but all my clothes are baggier. It is hard to explain without being crass. I am losing the fat in my chest and my . I don't like it!

This has been my solution. I make myself eat. As often as possible. I have to force myself. My friends go on diets to lose and I watch them struggle the same way I struggle to gain. It is like a job that sucks.
    I have also resorted to eating ghee, it is clarified butter. A yoga/ayurvedic practitioner told me that ghee helps to put on muscle and fat. I literally eat ghee right out of the jar. It does not make my stomach hurt or sick. I have a sensitive stomach also. In addition, I am eating a gluten free diet. Doctor's have linked celiac or gluten sensitivity to thyroid issues. So, I am off gluten. I have not noticed a significant difference yet, but experts say it takes three months to notice changes. I know other types of allergies can also effect metabolism. You may want to check for mold allergies and other food allergies.

Other possible causes are diabetes. Check blood sugar levels also.

I hope this helps.

Good luck
    T

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I gain weight? [ 19 Answers ]

I'm 25 5'2 and 95 pounds and I want to gain weight so bad, but it feels like such a struggle to do so. When I eat a little I am 95, when I eat normal it's 95, when I eat a lot it's still 95! I've been skinny my whole life and even though I'm confident, I hate my body sometimes and isn't because I...

How to gain weight [ 2 Answers ]

My son not eating solid anything only taking liquid what can I do

Weight gain [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, I just had my 6 month prenatal visit two days ago. I was a little surprised to hear my weight gain. Up until the 5th month I had only gained about 5-7 pounds. (started out at 120-125lbs)my fifth month I gained 6 pounds. And apparently this time I gained 9 pounds. I was shocked to have gained...

How to gain weight? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm about to turn 15 on December 22nd. I'm a male, 6 feet, 1 inch. I'm quite tall however I'm only 130 pounds. My parents both doctors don't have time to take me to a gym to work out plus they said that I'm too young to go to the gym. My mother carried me to a gym after I begged her about 2 months...

Weight gain [ 2 Answers ]

I am 22, height 155cm.50kg. I want to have expanded bones and more weight so that I will be looking like the person of correct age. Now I am looking like 15year boy. This makes me depression. Kindly give the suggestions and advice.

View more questions Search