Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chrissy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2005, 06:55 PM
    Dreams
    Hello,
    Two years ago this month (November) I had a very close friend to die suddenly from a heart defect that she new nothing about. She left behind two small children and a husband. I often have dreams of her, and it is my understanding that when a loved one has passed on,that they will come to you in dreams to let you know that they are OK. However when I dream of her it is as if she is still alive and we are doing all of the things we use to do,(talking on phone, shopping, and arguing) and her husband is the one that is dead. When I wake up from the dream I have to actually think about if she is really dead, and then I have to remind myself that she is. Could someone tell me what's going on and why the dreams of my friend make me feel this way??
    Thank You,
    CL
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2005, 04:28 AM
    Dreams
    Hi,
    The reason for the dreams is that your friend is constantly on you mind. Whenever something is thought about, every day, day in and day out, we tend to have dreams about them... that's normal.
    Dreams are the sub-conscious, coming out when we sleep. They don't mean anything, except the fact that we are thinking too hard about what we dream.
    Try meeting some new people, talking with others, and getting into things that will get your mind off your friend. Try concentrating on other things throughout the day. That's all dreams are; just dreams.
    Chrissy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2005, 02:50 PM
    Hello fredg
    Thank You for taking the time to reply to my post, it is greatly appriciated. However my friend is not on my mind at all until I begin to dream about her. I have a very full busy schedule each day to where nothing is left to think about except the task at hand, I work 10 hours a day at my job and spend another 2-4 hours at night preparing for the next day, that doesn't include the amount of time I spend cleaning, cooking, launday and taking my children to dance class, cheerleading, and ball practice, and other planned activities. I don't feel as if she is on my mind at all, actually after having the dreams I feel guilty that that she has so easily slipped my mind.
    Thank You
    CL
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Nov 21, 2005, 07:43 AM
    Chrissy
    Such a pain in your heart for her. The heart defect should have been detected years earlier, as a child. But was overlooked or let go, I get because of the familys money situation at the time. Based on what a doctor could do financially with out insurance. Kind of like now with insurance. The doctor made the decision along with another male to keep this from the mother.
    You keep seeing your friend because she wants you to know that she is all right! That she is still not suffering and that she is back to life as usual on the other side. She has such a love for you too. You will continue to see her and have regular rendezvous with her in your sleep. Astral projecting, you two run around all night sometimes, so if you wake up feeling tired instead of refreshed that is why. You 2 have friends for many lifetimes and vowed your love to each other for ever. That forever word literally binds you to one another for lifetimes, people really need to watch there words to each other, be careful what you ask for you just might get it. Especially if it is a love relationship gone bad later. People wonder why they keep meeting the same type of person or relationships don't quite gel, this is why. But that is not for you 2.
    You will always be able to talk to her, she will be a guardian for you and your family. Whenever you need her she will be there for you. Just ask peace ranieri
    Standing On The Wind Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Mar 9, 2008, 08:48 PM
    I was tempted to not answer this question just because I have no idea what your position is like I have never lost someone or even anything that is important to me, but I do know a lot about dreams.

You said yourself "I feel guilty that that she has so easily slipped my mind.". Having such a busy schedule dreaming may be the only time to yourself you have to think about her. I personally wouldn't worry about the dreams but more about how you feel in them. It is obvious that the theme of your dreams is your friend but it being such a tragic issue you should be wary not to suppress your emotions as they will find a way to shine through you.

I also don't know you so the advice is a bit broad, but if you feel uncormfortable sleeping or dreaming about your friend then talking to someone about it is the way to go, or take some time to think about her close friends of mine have had losses and have taking decades for the morning process to complete itself so as far as I can see it is something that can't be rushed and from my perspective of how they where, I wouldn't rush it, something's in life are better done slow.

P.S As a opinion I wouldn't start reading books about dreams and things, you of all people know yourself best, that is as long as you are not deluding yourself from truths you will be fine, that is when second opinions come in handy.

Even though it's a few years to late, I hope to help anyone out there with the same problem as loss is a tragic thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you control your dreams? [ 22 Answers ]

Since I don't really have a better place to put this thread in, here it goes. I am wondering if there is a way to have some kind of influence on your dreams? I know people dream whenever they sleep, but my problem is - I RARELY remember my dreams, and I would like to remember. Also, I would like...

Dreams [ 6 Answers ]

I know that some people may not believe that a dream has any importance. For a lot of dreams maybe they do not. I do believe that possibility that every dream we have has some kind of meaning, whether it is trying to work out our daily troubles to actually letting us know of the future. Since...

Giving up my dreams? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I originally went to college for film I wanted to direct or produce and after one year I joined the army reserve and left school to move where my new husband was stationed. Now I'm an 'army wife' and mom which is common around here but my husband is getting out soon and I would like to go...

Dreams [ 5 Answers ]

Is it normal for pups to dream, cry out, and have her eyes wide open like she's scared? She's 9 weeks old and often "runs" in her sleep and makes noises, which is normal, she "sucks" as if she's nursing, which I also know is normal, but a couple of times it's as if she's afraid of something,...

View more questions Search