Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SoConfused01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Being SUED by TWO collection agency for same CC debt
    Hello,

Can I be sued by 2 collection agencys for the same old debt. Which was received 10/2007
    I am currently in court with one, answered Summons last week.

Then I had another collection agency refereing to their client as Discover say that they entered a judgement on me 09/06. I have no prior knowledge of this. My first contact with them was the Attempt to collect a debt letter received March 07. I sent a reply wanting to settle for $2000. They wanted $6000 and my old debt was $3500. I truly hope I did not re-instate SOL. I requested response in 30 days. Never heard from them again. In June 07 I receive a NEW letter stating they entered a Judgement in Sept 06, the first letter never stated this and I had no prior knowledge. I go to a lawyer who ask them to validate debt & informationon Judgement. In July the want to settle for $4000 now in a LUMP Sum which I DO not have :eek: I tell my lawyer no can do. Never here from them again. When I received NEW summons Im thinking account was SOLD again. So I answer. Yesterday Nov 1 2007 I receive letter from my lawyer that Discover lawyer wants an answer by Nov 12 2007. They have not validated the debt. I do not want them to garnish my wages because I will go back into the hole I crawled out of financially.

What can I do?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 09:34 AM
    File Notice of intent to defend on both on them, then ask the judge to deceide who really own the alleged debt, make both of them produce the original contract you sign.

They both cannot legally own the same alleged debt.
    SoConfused01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Thanks for your response! I know this did not sound legit I just needed to know how to approach it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sued by debt collection agency [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend is being sued by a major credit card company who passed his debt, some 6,665 dollars (we are not even sure if this is the right amount) onto to a credit collection agency. We have very little documentation and many questions regarding our options. Payments stopped maybe 1 yr and a...

Collection agency collecting an old debt [ 2 Answers ]

I filed bankruptcy 3 yrs ago and paid on it until we had some hard times and it ended up getting dismissed. I was able to get a loan through a family member and paid off most of the debts that were owed. I called one of the collection companies to settle a debt and they told me they had no record...

Being sued by collection agency [ 2 Answers ]

I am from Illinois and I was summons to court last month got there late so a judgement was put against me. Court was still in session when I got there. When I saw a lawyer walk out I asked if my name was already called she went and checked and she told me I had a judgement against me I explained to...

Settling debt with a Collection Agency [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the thing. I've only been working for 1 year after not having a job for almost 2 years. Obviously I wasn't able to make the monthly payments on my credit cards. I told the girl that on what I make a week, I could not possibly pay the 200-300 dollars a month that the creditor wanted. They...

View more questions Search