Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmandaCaes Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Taking care of mold
    Lastnight I just noticed mold growing on the windowsill in my bathroom. Its not very much but I'm not sure how to take care of it? I've never dealt with mold. Can some one help. Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Bleach or cleaners with bleach. Nutone/Broan make a humidity sensing bath exhaust fan.
    Mold loves Dark and Damp.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 09:29 AM
    I tried loads of things to get mould of the sealant on the bathroom sink. We are renting and obviously the person before didn't try cleaning very often so I'm talking about serious mould. I tried lots of different cleaning products even neat bleach but this one actually worked
    Dettol Mould and Mildew remover

However from the way you spell mould I'm thinking you are probably american so might not be able to get hold of this so here's the active ingrediants - look for something which contains these :-
    Less than 5% nonionic surfactant , Disinfectant, (Sodium Hypochlorite 2.5% w/w 25.9g/l), Perfume, Limonene

My moneys on the sodium hypochlorite being the 'right' kind of bleach to kill the annoying stuff.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel I'm taking care of another guys baby [ 5 Answers ]

My baby mother and I agreed that I pay her 200 per month for child support because that was all I could afford because I was left all the bills when we split up. When she found out I got married to someone she got ticked off and filed a petition for child support... I am now paying $400 a month...

Care values of care workers when communicating [ 1 Answers ]

health and social care help :confused: can someone tell me how to promote anti-discrimination to recognise cultural differences to acknowledge service users personal beliefs and identities r care values of care workers when communicating in their day-to-day tasks :confused:

I feel I'm taking care of another guys baby [ 6 Answers ]

My baby mother and I agreed that I pay her 200 per month for child support because that was all I could afford because I was left all the bills when we split up. When she found out I got married to someone she got ticked off and filed a petition for child support... I am now paying $400 a month...

Care provider or care giver. WHAT! [ 1 Answers ]

Why in some states like the Northwest and West coast fathers are viewed has the care provider and the mother the care giver, now I now the difference so don't get all technical with me, all I'm saying isn't that view and definition a little bias and favor the mother. Us as fathers have to provide...

Depende care claim from FSA for dependent care [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I started to work in a company from last November. My FSA for dependent care was set up in Feburary( 3 months waiting period from company policy), may I claim the dependent care incurred in January? I worked full time in January in this company. Thank you.

View more questions Search