Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moyenda Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Nov 2, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Corporate on AMD
    Hey guys!
    My dilemma is rather a silly one if I may say, Ok... my laptop HP Compaq 6715b was initially running Vista then downgraded to XP. Now I have Norton Corporate Edition Ver.10.1 / 10.2 package! I still can install on two more machines! When trying that on my laptop I get "This Installation Package Is Not Supported By The Processor Type, Contact The Product Vendor"

Now my laptop is AMD Turion 64x 2 Mobile:
    I tried calling Symantec but they can really put you on hold when on this side if the planet.

P.S
    I attended installing from the CD.. the machine is not on the network like the others!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 05:59 AM
    I imagine your company's IT department could give you a resolution for this. They would know about that specific version Norton as well as the licensing issues.

Nov 2, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I imagine your company's IT department could give you a resolution for this. They would know about that specific version Norton as well as the licensing issues.
    I'm in that specific Department & as I've said... we still have two more for install meaning I've only done seven pc's so far! It's a ten user license. My issue is on the error message! The processor type part. Can that be the possible cause?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 2, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Check the box. The AMDs have some hardware based A/V built in, so Norton may have some processor specific versions. Or you could do yourself a favor and get rid of NAV and go to Trend-Micro.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Are you trying to install a 32-bit version software on 64-bit hardware (or vice-versa)?

Nov 2, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Are you trying to install a 32-bit version software on 64-bit hardware (or vice-versa)?
    Point well taken! Well I've noticed something... its a 64-Bit: Running Prof.XP. I get puzzled because Symantec Client accommodates 64-Bit XP Ver.2003.. according to the manual at hand. Doesn't it supposed to be? Well it also says on the 32-Bit Client XP Prof. is supported! What the hell! In any case I'll research further & see!

Hope you guys find the solution.
    P.S
    I'll give a thought about Trend-Micro though!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The difference between intel and amd [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to buy a laptop and I don't know anything about them, so I want to know the difference between intel and amd

What is the difference between AMD and INTEL? [ 5 Answers ]

I need some detailed expert explanation of the difference between AMD and Intel. Also I want to know that why people say AMD is ideal for gaming. Is that truly so? Please help me.

AMD K6 Processor [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know what the speed of an AuthenticAMD K6 processor is. I have just had an IBM Aptiva custom built and the guy who built it said it's supposed to be at least 500 MHz, but my system information is saying it's only a 266 MHz. If it truly is 266, how can I be running XP Professional?

AMD processor questions [ 7 Answers ]

I'm getting ready to purchase my first AMD system, and I've got a problem picking out a processor. Just when I think I understand, I read a new review and get confused again because nobody seems to have a strong opinion about either of the follow processors either way. So what I want to know is,...

Amd Or Intel? [ 1 Answers ]

In laptops,what's benefits in amd or intel system?

View more questions Search