Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 08:12 PM
    No, it's not a bad thing. There are very good reasons for these chips. Put your Alzheimer's parent in a nursing home without one and hope the home has tight security so your parent doesn't wander away. (My grandfather left one years ago in order to supposedly go to his former home--we thought, and was lost for a whole 24 hrs. He could have died on the street. With a chip, he would have been located almost instantly.)

Be careful to think through what you read and what people tell you. Visit your local public library for books and articles on e.g. RFIDs. The more informed you are, the less often you will be snookered.
    Sad Soul Posts: 177, Reputation: 40

Nov 2, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    consequences of accepting it, let me see, you have complete medical records with you for a hopsital if you get sick, You have the ability to stop con artists, you have the ability to help catch criminials easier.
    And you of course have better control of those in the US illegally.

You can find lost children better.

So let me see, all good things, can't see a problem.

They said that social security cards, credit cards, drivers license were all marks of the beast ( try to work or get a bank account without a social security number)

But every generation have had what it thought was the amrk.
    Wait, was the person posting talking about animal chipping? Because you're talking about humans now?? I'm not sure what you're talking about... but it sounds frightening.

Fr_Chuck, some priests (the holiest of men) have molested children. Now, is it not a simple argument to say, "you have to trust him, because he is a priest. Give him total control". When even the most holiest can't always be trusted, believe me that whoever would be controlling chipping in people, is risky too.

What you are saying is to hand over a great amount of control, to whoever would be controlling those chips, without any critical thought.

Yes, many cases of priests molesting children have happened, or businesses acting corruptly, or governments lying to their citizens... and you say that you can't think of any possible "bad" coming out of chipping?
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sad Soul
    Wait, was the person posting talking about animal chipping? Because you're talking about humans now??? I'm not sure what you're talking about...but it sounds frightening.

Fr_Chuck, some priests (the holiest of men) have molested children. Now, is it not a simple argument to say, "you have to trust him, because he is a priest. Give him total control".

What you are saying is to hand over a great amount of control, to whoever would be controlling those chips, without any critical thought.

Yes, many cased of priests molesting children have happened, or businesses acting corruptly, or governments lying to their citizens...and you say that you can't think of any possible "bad" coming out of chipping?
    Woah there, I think you've taken this thread in a whole new direction. Where did you get priests molesting children from anyone's post?

The OP was referring to animal tags being put into humans and wondering if that is a sign the world is coming to an end.

The truth is RFID chips can have some benefits, but they also have some drawbacks. In a free country, it's none of the govt's business where you go or how long you stay there. RFID chips could eventually tell govt officials such things as that. That's a drawback. BUT, if a senior citizen or child gets lost, or if a person is found dead with no ID, a scan of a chip would tell officials who they are. That's a benefit. Perhaps Chuck had not considered the drawbacks to chips, or perhaps he decided not to mention them in his post. Either way, nothing he, or anyone else said should have led you to your molestation comments.
    Sad Soul Posts: 177, Reputation: 40

Nov 2, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jillianleab
    Woah there, I think you've taken this thread in a whole new direction. Where did you get priests molesting children from anyone's post?

The OP was referring to animal tags being put into humans and wondering if that is a sign the world is coming to an end.

The truth is RFID chips can have some benefits, but they also have some drawbacks. In a free country, it's none of the govt's business where you go or how long you stay there. RFID chips could eventually tell govt officials such things as that. That's a drawback. BUT, if a senior citizen or child gets lost, or if a person is found dead with no ID, a scan of a chip would tell officials who they are. That's a benefit. Perhaps Chuck had not considered the drawbacks to chips, or perhaps he decided not to mention them in his post. Either way, nothing he, or anyone else said should have led you to your molestation comments.
    It's an analogy. Look back at my post, and you will discover that the central theme has not changed at all. You need to look more critically at the argument.

I was giving an example that giving power to even, say for instance, "the people who are considered the most godly of men", has shown to still have some corruption and horrific cases.

I am saying, that to give powers to whoever will be controlling the RFID chips, has potential problems. It is not the "sunshine" that Fr_Chuck presented it to be.

And about me using the term "sunshine" - please don't think that I'm actually wanting you to think the argument is now about the sun.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 09:05 PM
    And we have spoken of specific cases, and not of indiscriminate chipping.

It's night here. Is there sunshine where you are?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 09:09 PM
    That is the way they do it. They start small and market stuff as 'for your benefit'. It is like the frog in the pot. If you put a frog in boiling water his reaction is to jump out. So put the frog in room temp. and SLOWLY increase the heat and he gets boiled to death cause he doesn't realize it is happening.
    Then they snowball it to where they want it. Just like the cards that you get benefits from the store they have the magnetic strips with all your information in it and encourage you to use it by giving you the benefits. I have been reading about big brother and conspiracy theories and the Bible and heard 'prophesies' in the 70's that nobody could have understood at the time.
    A lot of it adds up but a lot of it is hysteria type stuff. I have been seeing everything I have heard come to pass just as I heard in the 70's. Even the prophecy about 9/11 and how the government would use it as a reason to have more control and security.
    I believe the chip is the mark of the beast and it will be mandatory by 1015 at the latest.
    The prophecy I heard about people that take it they will eventually get a rash that looks like leprosy.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 09:22 PM
    The "rash" is already here - MRSA.
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 09:56 PM
    That's a different strain most likely.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 10:19 PM
    What makes you think it's a "different strain" (whatever that means)?

One can read anything one wants to into a vague Biblical prophecy. I've decided MRSA is the rash. Now what?
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Wondergirl
    You are missing my point.
    I am saying they introduce things in a good way 'for our good' and then they evolve it to an abusive corrupt use. Yeah it is good to use it to find your pet, your kid or your Alzheimer's patients, that is to get people to accept it without questioning.

Different type strains means exactly why we are getting MRSA and other things we never had to deal with before. When you heard of the AID's virus you never heard of MRSA and you would have never thought there would be a day we had to worry about MRSA. I am telling you someday we will have to worry about another virus strain that we never thought we would have to worry about and there will probably be many more between MRSA and
    The one(s) when they make taking the chip mandatory for their own reasons.

Just watch you will see end time prophecies really happening within 10 years from now.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sad Soul
    It's an analogy. Look back at my post, and you will discover that the central theme has not changed at all. You need to look more critically at the argument.

I was giving an example that giving power to even, say for instance, "the people who are considered the most godly of men", has shown to still have some corruption and horrific cases.

I am saying, that to give powers to whoever will be controlling the RFID chips, has potential problems. It is not the "sunshine" that Fr_Chuck presented it to be.

And about me using the term "sunshine" - please don't think that I'm actually wanting you to think the argument is now about the sun.
    An analogy? What's that? (That was sarcasm.)

I understand your post was using an analogy, but it doesn't change the fact, troll, that you used that particular analogy to evoke a negative emotional response which has nothing to do with the original post. Had you wanted to be mature and point out the reasons we should not put so much trust into one entity because entities with power frequently abuse their power and become corrupt, you could have done so without dragging priests and molested children into the conversation.

And what does sunshine have to do with this conversation? We're talking about RFID chips here, not the weather. Keep up with the conversation. (That was sarcasm again).
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Different type strains means exactly why we are getting MRSA and other things we never had to deal with before. I am telling you someday we will have to worry about another virus strain that we never thought we would have to worry about and there will probably be many more between MRSA and the one(s) when they make taking the chip mandatory for their own reasons.
    And the reason for all these strains is because humans bring them about by overmedicating with antibiotics, so that the bacteria get used to them and mutate. AIDS came from a monkey virus but didn't become the plague it was predicted to be.

Just watch you will see end time prophecies really happening within 10 years from now.
    Sorry. I won't lose sleep over end-time prophecies. I've lived too long to worry about such subjective prognostications. I'll let God be God.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    So I assume you have no plans to save for your retirement years then.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 3, 2007, 02:00 PM
    >Thread Closed<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Powerstroke chip programmer [ 2 Answers ]

Can mileage be doubled to 20-23mpg? Which programmers are reliable and for real?

Beauty and the beast type TV show from the eighties [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember a TV programme from the 80s which was a bit like beauty and the beast and the lion like dude like lived in the sewers under New York and I think he fought crime. I've been racking my brains but I can't think of the name cheers!

Large blue chip company [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, Can you tell me what a blue chip company is? Cheers :)

View more questions Search