Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Nov 1, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Elevator Fear
    >.<

I HATE HATE HATE HATE elevators. So much.
    And today made it even worse.

I went to the hospital ot visit my grandma, so I tell my mom "I dont want to take the elevator, lets take the stairs" she says no and we go in the elevator, there's people in it and whatever. So it's a 2 door Elevator, one in the front and back

One door shuts and the other one doesn't so I say "Is it broken?" they tell me no.

We push for 2nd flr and it inst movie.
    The doors weren't opening.
    They told me it was going up but it wasn't

So I looked around and being trapped in that steal silver elevator with people. I broke down.
    I started screaming, and I couldn't even breath anymore, my eyesight went blurry, everything was getting darker and I felt like I was dreaming.

I wanted to get out so bad but the door was stuck. Once it opened I was shaking and my heart was pounding.

This just scared me even more of Elevators

>< I am never going to get over this fear.
    Just beign stuck in a small place, no windows, omg. Never again will I take an elevator.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 06:36 PM
    I happen to like elevators. But I'm weird.
    And you are not alone:
    Do You Suffer from Elevator Fear?
    Are you clautrophlbic? I am.

Nov 1, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Ty *booked mark page*

Gah- I feel like Iwill never ever get out.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 06:39 PM
    You aren't weird Rich. I like elevators too. I like how they make my tummy feel funny.

Heck I was even stuck in one last October for about an hour and we had a BLAST!! Well, we were supposed to have a math test that day and it ended up being postponed. Now, every time I have a test at school the same 4 people and I get on the elevator right before class. It's a ritual now.
    dragondog Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Elevators to me are pretty fun to actually but ima kid...
    Have you ever had any bad experiences or something like that?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Now, every time I have a test at school the same 4 people and I get on the elevator right before class. It's a ritual now.
    J, now that may just be weird! Hehehe
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 06:58 PM
    My aunt got stuck in one with our luggage for 20 min. The elevator company said press the door open button. It worked.

I had sex in one.

Freight elevators are different.

So are elevators that go 30 floors or so.

And then there are the glass elevators.

Even I don't like packed elevators.

Nov 1, 2007, 07:28 PM
    >< How do you enjoy being trapped in a small tiny space ><

Nov 2, 2007, 04:56 PM
    http://www.neii.org/presskit/What%20...20elevator.pdf

Is it true you are safe? What if nobody comes to save you :(
    GhouseAamiri Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2012, 01:52 AM
    [QUOTE=xAjikanx;702675]http://www.neii.org/presskit/What%20...20elevator.pdf
    Dear xAjikanx,all elevators whether it is Traction or Hydraulic have complete safety systems.Elevators in general have a window at the ceiling of car and a telephone system.If you get stuck inside elevator you can call by this telephone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elevator [ 2 Answers ]

What is the force (in Newtons) used if an elevator lifts passengers 30 meters in 24 seconds and the elevator is 15,000 watts?

I have fear [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There,I Love One Sister From Our Church,but The Time I Want To Propose Her, Fear Comes Along And I Will Start Talking About Godly Things.when We Part I Will Be Frusrated And Blaming Myself.while Im Alone I Will Think On How To Say I Love You,but When We Meet Fear Comes Again.what And How Should...

Elevator Power. [ 7 Answers ]

A 550 kg elevator starts from rest. It moves upward for 5.00 s with constant acceleration until it reaches its cruising speed, 1.75 m/s. (a) What is the average power of the elevator motor during this period? W (b) How does this power compare with the motor power when the elevator moves at its...

Fear? [ 4 Answers ]

This may sound strange, but if I walk into a room with a ceiling fan that I going, I just freeze up, my heart starts pounding, and I have to literally force myself out of the room. If I am in the room, and the fan is not on, I'm fine, but as soon as someone turns it on, I practically run out of...

Fear [ 16 Answers ]

1. What is fear? 2. What causes fear? 3. What are some physical signs of fear? 4. How do you get over fear? This can be just general scientific answers or personal answers. I need someone else's points of view. :confused:

View more questions Search