Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jemz2185 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Has anyone been to a spiritualist church?
    Has anyone been to a spiritualist church? If so what happens at them and is it still christian based? Or if you go to one are you "going against" christianity? :confused:

Thanks in advance
    X
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 01:37 PM
    I wasn't quit sure what you meant by spiritualism. If you meant like New Age or what.
    I looked the national spiritualism's main site up and YES I would say it is going against
    Christianity because the Bible forbids communicating with the dead, astro projection, astrology and some other things.
    I don't think 'don't communicate with the dead' means telling your grandma that passed away that you miss her type stuff. We do that more for our peace of mind, emotional health,.
    I believe there is something to the spiritual world and we can be more in tune with our spirit to some degree with some spiritual -experiences- but many are forbidden and you have to be careful not to cross the line. Like the Bible says prophecy yet we are not to predict the future. We are not to let astrology dictate our lives yet the whole universe is scientifically coded with what is basically numerology that can help us understand ourselves and everything around us better. I heard one time that for everything God created the devil has a perverted version and that I believe applies to the spiritual things as well.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Nov 1, 2007, 03:19 PM
    If you are referring to what NOhelp4u addressed, run from it as a Christian. If you are asking about Spirit-filled, Holy Spirit churches, then Jesus said in John 14: Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
    15 “If you love me, obey[d] my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate,[e] who will never leave you. 17 He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn't looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.[f] 18 No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you. 19 Soon the world will no longer see me, but you will see me. Since I live, you also will live. 20 When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 05:26 AM
    jemz2185,

From personal choice I am a non-religious, non-Christian, spiritual person. I’m not keen on spiritualism - people who like to talk to the dead. I’m into relaxation and meditation which helps keep me grounded. We are all different and some of us are still exploring and discovering what and who we are. My motto is live and let live. There is space enough for us all. No one is to blame for what they believe or what they follow. We are all driven by something at the core of our being and we must be true to ourselves above all else.
    randion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 11:48 PM
    What happens when you leave a spititual church?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2008, 03:36 PM
    If it was a true spirit filled Church you may feel an empty place in your spirit and soul

If you want to discuss this you really should start your own post discussion topic so others can reply since very few will see it being so old and attached off somebody else's.
    In Sorrow Posts: 82, Reputation: 5

Aug 24, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Well I can answer that question because I have been to a Spiritual Church, on one occasion. It was a very different experience for me, As my Religion is Catholic. I do believe in life after death, I do believe in the Saints being from a catholic doctrine.

However weather spirit communication is possible with the dead, I don't know? I can't say yes and I can't say no either. But there is a Bibilical Scripture in the old testment, where Saul contacted a medium to Speak to Samuels Spirit, and sure enough according to the Bible Samuel came fourth and said why do you disturb my rest? So according to the bible it can be done, through mediumship. However the Bible does speak against doing it in the old testement.

I did not feel any sense of the Devine after I left that church, And I did not believe in the messages that were given to me, as I believe that if my mother or father really did come though, they would have given something more substantial than what was given to me. Also you have to pay 15.00 dollars to attend the séance.

Which are supposed to be messages from Spirit guides, Angels, Master Teachers or deceased Relatives. Maybe they are, who knows ? I guess my faith is weak.
    But who can say for sure ?
    Aliboosh Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 07:56 PM
    I'd like to piont out that jesus hung around with people who whern't Jews and even ate dinner at their houses so I'd say that it would be OK. I don't think you are going to go to hell just because you steped into a different church.
    msherer2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 06:40 AM
    If you are looking for a well grounded community that is not necessarily religious and very inclusive, consider the unitarian church. I am going to nurture my need for spiritual growth. No dogmas. No doctrine.
    Ildolisho Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 11:15 PM
    I have been to church and really some needs to go a mildstone for support

Example

ILDOLISHO DOMINION CHAPET MINISTRY
    GOSHEN SUNDRY
    PHILOSOPHY
    A organization has to have it's belief, doctrine an reasoning beyond the nations existence and mission that from the philosophy and gender mainstreaming as practicing to God's words.
    We belief that opportunity and information outreaches, sharing in love. Ideas are the keys to triggering the development of reaching out the unreached people by the Gospel.
    Please we are waiting for your help, comments, directions, contributions, prayers, suggestion and any assistance will be appreciated before the Lord.
    Amen!
    S.E.M needs: Ildolisho Dominion Church. Needs
    (A) Support/Sponsorship in evangelism field
    i.e. 1) Public address instruments
    2) Machines generator
    3) Bibles and literature
    4) Finances
    (B) Youth Ministry:
    1) Counseling materials
    2) Support for youth camps and seminars
    (C) Women's Ministry
    1.) Volunteers from Kenya and outside Kenya to come and teach,
    Train our women
    2.) Sponsors for women conferences
    (D) Children's Ministry
    1.) Books and supplies
    2.) Films (for Jesus)
    3.) Sponsors to needy children

(E) Prayer mountain (Isa 2:2) Ministry
    1.) Financial support for construction of houses for prayers to all intercourses

NOTE: Support in prayer and financial or materials wherever God leads to in the above needs.

Yours faithfully,

PASTOR SAMSON O. MUSUNGUI (MAASAILAND)
    P.O BOX 127 -40700 KILGORIS
    PHONE: +254-725-147-989

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to go to church? [ 13 Answers ]

I want to get my children baptised does this mean I need to go to church every week?

Church attendance [ 5 Answers ]

I know when it comes to issues between myself and the Lord, it is only up to myself to make everything right. However, I am guilty of hardly attending mass on a regular basis. I managed to attend for Easter last year, but cannot find myself to attend on a regular basis. By the end of the work...

Being bonded in Church. [ 1 Answers ]

What does being bonded in church mean? Personnel in church who have to be bonded to work with the money when counting money.

View more questions Search