Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2007, 11:26 AM
    The perfect sitcom, In my opinion, was the van Dyke show (the original). It had everything, great characters, great writing, great acting. Following that was All In the Family, arguably the sitcom that had the most influence on society. Friends had one of the best character groups of any of them.

I have tried getting into Seinfield and the Office, but I just never found them very funny. Seinfield had some amusing quirks, but I find the Office just plain stupid.

Three others that deserve mentioning are I Love Lucy (the yardstick by which they all are measured), the Mary Tyler Moore show and Taxi. Taxi had the quirkiest set of characters ever. Latka and Rev Jim are true classics.
    gallivant_fellow Posts: 157, Reputation: 31

Nov 9, 2007, 04:38 PM
    I almost forgot Fresh Prince. I love that show!

Carlton Banks 08!!
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Nov 9, 2007, 07:22 PM
    How about Cheers, that lasted for many years?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 16, 2008, 01:29 AM
    "Grace Under Fire". Grace had my sense of humour and the show was just really based on a everyday working mother who used her humour to get through her day.

"According to Jim" and "Two and a Half Men". Love the antics

"All in the Family" (although they sure wouldn't air a show today with the things that 'Archie" had to say)

"Everybody Loves Raymond". Again, the antics! Good choice of characters all the way around!! (I was sad when Peter Boyle (Frank) died...he was such a good actor, and really made the show!!)

"I Love Lucy" and the "Honeymooners". Classics!

"Cheers" and "Frasier" (and Kelsey Grammer's new show with Patricia Heaton "Back To You" is good too.

I used to watch Seinfeld and sometimes watched it in re-runs until Michael Richards (Kramer) had his ridiculous public outburst! Now I can't stand to watch the show because of him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alice Sitcom [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone remember a 1976-85 sitcom called Alice? It starred Linda Lavin as a single mom working at Mel's Diner in Phoenix. A great show. Classic TV reruns are harder to find in Canada than in the USA.

Coffee. What is your favorite? [ 3 Answers ]

What is your favorite brand? And how do you like to cook coffee? Mine is Javaberry which is so smooth and aromatic! I don't know better taste... And I like to cook Turkish coffee. In an ibrik.

View more questions Search