Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gadget0621 Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Nov 12, 2005, 03:35 AM
    Should I trust my intuition?
    I just recently returned home to hang out with my ex before he left for New York and now I'm regretting it. I can't stop thinking about him and I thought that I had gotten past my feelings. I want him to know how I feel but I'm afraid of what he is going to say. Should I follow my heart and let him know that I miss him or will that only make it worse for the both of us? I just want him to be happy and I don't want to scare him off. Please help!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2005, 05:19 AM
    Ex
    Hi,
    There is absolutely nothing wrong in talking with your ex. You determine what your future will be, and the only way to know what your ex feels is to ask him.
    Be honest with him, and let him tell you how he feels. In that way, you will know whether to continue talking, or start making some new friends, and try forgetting about him... it will take some time if this needs to be done.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2005, 08:57 AM
    If you have certain feelings about your ex and you want to tell, then do tell if you feel it is the right thing to do. It might or might not turn out but how will you know if you do not try. Follow your heart. Remember though that it could go eighter way but no matter what you are being true to your feelings instead of hiding away from them.

Joe
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Nov 21, 2005, 08:13 AM
    Gadget0621
    Stop thinking every relationship has to go to a steady bo or marriage. You've got 3-4 years before you meet up. Sloooow down. Peace ranieri

Nov 21, 2005, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ranieri
    Stop thinking every relationship has to go to a steady bo or marriage. You've got 3-4 years before you meet up. Sloooow down. peace ranieri
    It has been 4 years since I have had a boyfriend. I am tired of having meaningless relationships. In my religion its recommended that you court someone instead of dating. This means that you go into the relationship with the expectations that you want a long term relationship. I don't want to be married now because I know that I'm not ready for that type of commitment. I am just looking for love, what's wrong with that? I have been hurt too many times so I don't want to give my heart without knowing that those same feelings will be returned. I don't want to be used and then thrown away anymore.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2005, 06:01 AM
    Used
    Hi,
    Your comments are very, very good. But, if you really fall in love with someone, you have no guarantee that he will really love you as well.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong in looking for love, without thinking about marriage. Going out with more than one man is good, meeting new people is good.
    Life is full of both surprises and disappointments. Again, if you give your heart to someone, there is no guarantee that your love will be returned.
    It's all part of life.
    Don't be frustrated with not having a boyfriend for 4 yrs. Keep looking, and you will find someone. Just be honest with him, and if he does mention marriage, just tell him you aren't interested in that right now. I do wish you good luck, and hang in there.

Nov 22, 2005, 04:40 PM
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    Your comments are very, very good. But, if you really fall in love with someone, you have no guarantee that he will really love you as well.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong in looking for love, without thinking about marriage. Going out with more than one man is good, meeting new people is good.
    Life is full of both surprises and disappointments. Again, if you give your heart to someone, there is no guarantee that your love will be returned.
    It's all part of life.
    Don't be frustrated with not having a boyfriend for 4 yrs. Keep looking, and you will find someone. Just be honest with him, and if he does mention marriage, just tell him you aren't interested in that right now. I do wish you good luck, and hang in there.
    Thank you for your advice. It was encouraging.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't trust him [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 7 years. We had some problems like all marriages, I thought but last Xmas he decided he wanted the divorce because he was not in love with me and could not leave like that anymore. He wanted freedom. He changed his mind about two months after that. He asked me...

Intuition or what? [ 9 Answers ]

I am curious about intuitions, for my entire life, I could be sitting thinking about something and someone will say something in reference to what I am talking about. For example, I could be thinking about going to get a pizza, when someone around me, whether I know them or not will say I want a...

Should I trust him? [ 26 Answers ]

I have a hard time trusting people in general but I'm dating my ex again after 3 years of not talking we broke up the 1st time 3 years ago because he cheated on me and I don't take that crap but I took him back a 2nd time and the same thing happened and now I'm dating him again 3 years later for...

Trust [ 7 Answers ]

I have been cheated on and beat since the age of 16. I am now 32 yrs old. How do you put all that behind you and trust a man?

How Can I Get Him To Trust Me Again? [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my boyfriend and I got into a huge fight. I have always had problems trusting the guys that I am with. I don't know why, but I always think that I can't trust them. Anyway... we got into a big fight one night and I had always told him that I trusted him. I have always trusted him. The...

View more questions Search