Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fi_belton Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Unsure of mental health issues
    I have had a lot going on in my life especially in the past year for e.g. wasn't with my partner when I was preganant he was with some one else engaged so I moved away before I knew back to a place with familly that I didn't want to be. I have had on going stress through out my life but I think its grown to depression I feel stuck in a rut don't want to leave the house and my emotions are all over. I booked yet another doctors appointment but coulnt bring myself to go and say how I'm feeling. Me and my partner are back together and happy to be so but its long distance until he moves up in December.

Any ideas
    lobrobster Posts: 208, Reputation: 26

Nov 1, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Sounds to me like you let life control you, instead of the other way around. First decide what you want (it doesn't sound like you're quite sure yet). Then go make it happen! Don't rely on others for happiness.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Use this time to find things that fulfill your life like volunteer, hobbies, maybe a class.
    The more interests that you get involved in the more you learn about yourself and the happier you will be. Even answering questions on a site like this will help you feel like you are doing something. The more you push yourself the easier it will get.
    The less you do and the more you sit around thinking about things that make you depressed the more you feed lack of desire to do anything and the gloom.
    Lilmsperfect Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 03:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fi_belton
    I have had alot going on in my life especially in the past year for eg wasnt with my partner when i was preganant he was with some one else engaged so i moved away before i knew back to a place with familly that i didnt want to be. i have had on going stress through out my life but i think its grown to depression i feel stuck in a rut don't want to leave the house and my emotions are all over. i booked yet another doctors appointment but coulnt bring myself to go and say how i'm feeling. me and my partner are back together and happy to be so but its long distance until he moves up in december.

any ideas
    The best way to beat depression is to keep a diary writing everything abut your day and who you felt and how you could make it better. At the end of your diary read through it and look at how you have grown as a person and how all your worries seem so little now. Doctors usually prescribe anti-depressants but they only cover over your probleme rather then facing them head on. Rather than thinking about all the bad stuff that's happened in your life look at all the good stuff and e gratful for what you have. Another good way is to find an activity that you enjoy this will help take your mind off it and excersise is always good as it releases endouphins giving you that happy feeling. w/b if you still need any extra help I am always here. Xyou can beat depression just think positive!
    princess4u2nv Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 03:38 PM
    I understand about naking the appointment and missing it... done it several times, but once you go the world comes off your back. I'd suggest therapy because it seems you may have some resentment & turst issues. Sometimes looking at your situation from a different perspective helps you make sense of it all.

Hope u get to feeling better
    roundmonkeylover Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 04:35 PM
    ---

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating while dealing with mental health issues? [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently a 3rd year student in college and so is my "boyfriend". We started dating a year ago but broke up abuot 6 months ago, because we were having problems. Although we both agreed that we needed to take a break and be single for a while, that never happened. We've continued to be friends...

Mental Health [ 3 Answers ]

What causes teenage depression?

Mental health [ 4 Answers ]

Hopefully you can help me ,I feel as those I'm going crazy I have been diagnosed as being schozophrenia. I don't believe it ,so I do all kinds of research for other causes of my many ailments. I believe that I have some kind of parasite living in me , I had had many blood tests done and fecal tests...

I need serious mental health [ 10 Answers ]

Before I get started I just want to say I'm not a pervert or sick in the head, I'm 20 and I'm starting to have feelings for a 13 year old, I'm just wondering how much pychiatric help I need because this shouln't be happening because it is very wrong Thanks

View more questions Search