Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    K2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Involved with a married man
    I've been working working with a man (who is married) for the past 4 months. He started trying to get with me only 2 weeks after he got married! I have been saying no to him from day one but somehow he always seems to make me fall for the things he says to me. He tells me that he cares about me a lot and that he feels for me. Well to make a long story short, I slept with him and now I feel such an incredible guilt. However, when I told him I couldn't do that anymore he got mad and stopped talking to me for a while. He later apologized and continued to suck me back in. I can't understand why when I am strong and tell him NO and then he doesn't call, I feel sad. My question is how in the world do I get out of this situation. I'm beginning to have feelings for a man that I know is so decietful. I can't leave my job so what else can I do to get over this man??
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Grow a spine. Say NO every time, and mean it.
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Nov 1, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Stop answering his calls, tell yourself that he's not worth it and find someone that isn't married. And keep saying NO to him
    Silent Breeze Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Nov 1, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Show him that when you say no, you mean no. Threaten to tell his wife (the poor woman must be told). And as for your feelings, whenever he pops in your mind, make him pop right out, and try to hook yourself up with an honest, SINGLE, man who deserves your time. Goodluck!
    edzmedz Posts: 180, Reputation: 12

Nov 1, 2007, 01:42 PM
    "I can't understand why when I am strong and tell him NO and then he doesn't call, I feel sad"

U just like the attention he gives you obviously, and it's normal. If you had a partner and you were happy with him I don't think he would be getting to you this easily. I am not sure if you ignore him he will stop bugging u. He might go on for a while, so you have to be ready to cope with it. I don't think you should threaten him with his wife, he might react in a nasty way. I mean OK women should help each other out but this is her problem not yours so don't play supergirl.
    Is he your boss or just a colleague? If you have to be with him all the time you can simply ask him to remain professional during working hours , and to talk to you about private matters only after work (which is when you will try to ignore him). Whenever he does, remind him about the rule and never reply to any of his personal questions or advances during work.
    Since the mood during the day will be much more professional, at night you will be more focused and will be more capable of ignoring him. It's probably hard to get a new boyfriend instantly , but I am sure you can try and hang out with your friends more often. That will surely help.
    linds03 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Tell his wife. He doesn't deserve a wife ever. You both owe her that, don't you think??
    Tranquility Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Nov 4, 2007, 10:57 AM
    If U remain in d relationship, it would get worse and harder to leave. U sound like a nice person. U deserve better and u are worth more than this.
    manishkochhar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by K2003
    I've been working working with a man (who is married) for the past 4 months. He started trying to get with me only 2 weeks after he got married! I have been saying no to him from day one but somehow he always seems to make me fall for the things he says to me. He tells me that he cares about me a lot and that he feels for me. Well to make a long story short, I slept with him and now I feel such an incredible guilt. However, when I told him I couldn't do that anymore he got mad and stopped talking to me for a while. He later apologized and continued to suck me back in. I can't understand why when I am strong and tell him NO and then he doesn't call, I feel sad. My question is how in the world do I get out of this situation. I'm beginning to have feelings for a man that I know is so decietful. I can't leave my job so what else can I do to get over this man???
    Just say a plain and sturn no to him, he is fooling his wife as well as u.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2007, 11:53 AM
    After 2 weeks of marriage and he is already cheating this should tell you the whole story on HIM! Think of yourself and how you would feel if he left her for you and then you were in her position with him cheating on you. When he asks visualize this. When he gets mad realize it is a tactic to make you feel guilty and realize there is even more guilt giving in in the long run.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 07:50 AM
    He doesn't talk to you because if you are going to say no - you are of no use to him. You mean nothing more to him than someone he can have sex with. He doesn't need a meaningful relationship. He's has a wife for that.
    He wants nothing more from you than sex.
    Wake up and see it. He is using you and abusing his wife.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Married and falling for a married man [ 16 Answers ]

I met this married man doing volunteer work. I noticed that he was nice looking and he was helpful with what I needed. I do fundraisers for the Humane Society. Anyway, he told me to contact when I needed his help and he would donate a portion of money from his business. He gave me his business card...

Devastated for getting involved with married man [ 20 Answers ]

About 9 months ago I met a married man it started purely as Friends... As I am also married. I was going through a very hard time with my husband and asked him to move out. This man I thought was also in the same spot. He was so funny and I told myself it would stay as friends. One night we...

Friend involved with married man [ 1 Answers ]

Hi In the past several months, I have suspected one of my best friends having an affair with her boss, who is by the way married. I saw all the signs, but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. She has been involved with a married man before and she swore she would never do something like...

Involved with a Married Man [ 8 Answers ]

I am a single woman age 51 years old, my best friend is a man age 56 who is married with three very young children. We have been friend for 8 years for the past 3 years my feelings have grown into love. This is the best relationship I have ever had, we never argue, we think and feel the same way...

View more questions Search