Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Whoops, *another* Republican caught in sex scandal
    Wash. legislator resigns over gay sex scandal | KTVB.COM | Regional News | Boise, Idaho News, Weather, Sports & Traffic
    A state legislator from southwest Washington resigned his seat Wednesday amid revelations that he had sex with a man he met at an erotic video store while in Spokane on a Republican retreat.

The move comes days after state Rep. Richard Curtis, R-La Center, insisted to his local newspaper that he was not gay and that sex was not involved in what he said was an extortion attempt by a man last week.

But in police reports Curtis alleges he was being extorted by a man he had sex with in a Spokane hotel room. The other man contends Curtis reneged on a promise to pay $1,000 for sex.

Curtis released the following written statement:

"Today I submitted my letter of resignation to Governor Gregoire effective immediately. While I believe we've done some good and helped a lot of people during the time I served in the Legislature, events that have recently come to light have hurt a lot of people. I sincerely apologize for any pain my actions may have caused.
    This is happening with alarming regularity.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 07:14 AM
    Heck, if a President can get away with it, then anyone can, right?
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 07:16 AM
    I think he would be less villified if it wasn't homosexual sex, from a republican no less.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Honestly ,Republicans down to the position of dog catcher are being scrutinized for deviancy . Talk about a witch hunt! What crime is he being charged with ?
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 07:26 AM
    I don't know, why did he resign?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 07:39 AM
    I don't know, why did he resign?
    Got me .It is possible he was patronizing a prostitute which would be a crime. Again ,a Democrat US Representative who is now a senior high ranking important member of Congress had a male prostitution business operating out of his DC apartment .

I have to conclude that Republicans are held to higher standards and that any type of slip up of this nature is career threatening for Republicans .Where as since the Democrats appear to celebrate this type of life a similar incident is rewarded .
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 07:42 AM
    I guess you're right Tom, when a Democrat has gay sex for $1000 with someone he meets at a video store he would probably be celebrated. :rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Democrats Blast Republican for 'Too Many Mosques' [ 9 Answers ]

The Republican's top lawmaker on the House Homeland Security say’s “Unfortunately, we have too many mosques in this country. There's too many people who are sympathetic to radical Islam," King said. "We should be looking at them more carefully; we should be finding out how we can infiltrate. We...

Republican candidates for president. [ 12 Answers ]

When I look at the republican candidates for president they remind me of a bad dream I once had; not a man among them, in appearance anyway. To bad Speaker Newton isn’t among them; the only man with bold ideas in years. Get a load of these mugshots! Politics1 - 2008 Republican Presidential...

Democrat/republican who? [ 5 Answers ]

Are you going to vote democrat or republican and then who are you going to vote for? If you vote.

Protein bar scandal? [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard some talk about protein bars and how more than half of them LIE about the suppliment facts of their bar such as amount of fat, sat fat and other facts. Does anyone know any "trustworthy" protein bars out there that can assure me I am getting what I think I bought?

View more questions Search