Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zeff Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Restitution Orders
    The day I was sentenced, I met with the "probation collection officer" and a monthly payment plan was set up to repay my restitution. Two weeks later I met with the probation officer that I will be reporting to. She requested that I bring in financial records so she could determine if any assets can be liquidated to pay the restitution sooner. Since I agreed to a payment plan that they set forth, can the probation officer force me to sell assets that exceeds the monthly payments?

Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeff
    can the probation officer force me to sell assets that exceeds the monthly payments?
    Hello again, Zeff:

I don't believe she can. Why would she, especially since the payments are going to be supervised by her own office? That's a rhetorical question. I KNOW how they are.

Again, show her your records. Be polite. Don't argue with her. If she demands that you sell something, smile, and remind her that you have a payment plan ALREADY set up. If that isn't good enough, then keep smiling till you're excused.

At that point, taking into consideration your past posts, it's clear that you have a PO that is totally out of control. I think it's time to play hard ball with her, or else just lay down and let her have her way with you. I'll show you how. I've done it before. I love these fights. I LOVE putting these characters in their place. You'll win, too. Do you have the stomach for it? You really don't have much to lose here. She certainly can't violate you.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Criminal Court Orders for restitution be discharged with Chapter 7? [ 13 Answers ]

I was just notified by a Bankruptcy Court that an individual who has been ordered to pay restitution to me in both a CIVIL and CRIMINAL lawsuit has applied for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. She is presently paying on the criminal order so that she won't be returned to prison. Is it possible to have...

Need to make restitution [ 3 Answers ]

I could use some legal advice. First I have not been arrested or any charges filed. I would like to keep it that way. I need to make restitution of$2769 soon but I do not have it. I have been trying to get a loan and I was so desperate I tried securing a loan but was ripped off. I even researched...

Restitution [ 7 Answers ]

My husband was charged with theft, stealing from a department store. The case is nearly finished and now they are saying he owes restitution for the items he tried to steal. He thinks that he shouldn't have to pay for the items since they never left the store and the store would have been able to...

Being refused to pay restitution [ 3 Answers ]

I wrote bad checks to a place also have been accused of several thousand of dollars being stoled what is the law on restitution if they refuse to take restitution a gave me a signed latter stating such can they press charges.

View more questions Search