Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laula Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2005, 08:13 PM
    Volumetric Stoich question
    Okay.. I think I found the rite answer for this question.. but just making sure I did it rite

What is the molar concentration of silver nitrate in solution with sodium sulfate?

And the mass of silver sulfate produced is 5.47g, and the volume of silver nitrate that is reacting is 100ml

... I got .351mol/L... does that sound rite?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2005, 04:04 PM
    I'm too lazy to do the math right now, but check your setup:

take the 5.47g Ag2(SO4) and convert to moles Ag2(SO4)

then recog. That one mole Ag2(SO4) yields two Ag+ ions so multiply x 2

this gives moles Ag ions which is the same as moles AgNO3 since 1 Ag "used"

then divide by 0.100 L

if this is what you did then great... most common problem here is probably people forgetting to multiply by 2 to convert moles Ag2(SO4) to moles Ag

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

Gravimetric stoich questions [ 2 Answers ]

I've never done this before.. I hope it works... (Q)What is the exact formula of CuSO4-XH20? Show all the steps that you used to determine the value of X. Remember that X must be a positive interger. So it was this lab where we had an unknown substance... CuSO4-*X*H20.. and we had to find...

View more questions Search