Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xlostsanityx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 06:18 AM
    Emo and colors
    Hello there! I want to ask you guys, something about emo style... (I know there have been many similar conversations but I hope this one is different)

I am trying to look like an emo (just look, not be suicidal and stuff :P), but I don't want to wear black all the time. Are other colors apart from dark ones, worn by emos? Pink, white etc?.

Also what kind of jewellery are considered emo?

Thanks in advance :D!

--Nancy
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 06:44 AM
    You should just dress however you feel comfortable. If you really want a 'look' dress like the bands you like.

Emo is a messy definition which covers a myriad of styles. I mean Panic! At the disco are so emo it hurts a little and they dress in a turn of the centaury manner. My Chemical Romance go for the dead parade band look at the moment and military spin in red and black. The Used go for a post grudge 'I've been wearing this for two weeks I think it's a white t shirt but I can't remember,' look.

Then you've got your insipid will I ever get the girl? Dashboard Confessional look, all sincere haircuts, jeans and unknown band t shirt. Sometimes they can be mistaken for awkward Maroon five fans.

Also there's the hilarious 'I want to get a mohawk but mom won't let' me semi post hardcore look. All black with red and purple stripes, band patches and badly applied eyeliner. Black is not optional here.

Oh yeah and there's the more metal end of emo with Thrice and Avenged Sevenfold - not what I'd call emo but y'know it's a pretty contentious issue. Thrice look pretty normal, dark genes hoodie maybe a wristband thrown in. Avenge sevenfold have the no arms vest, black nail polish, tattoos ' your mum is not going to be happy we're going out' look.

So you see, what do think emo is? I've yet to hear two people agree.
    Anyway the point of all this is be yourself! It doesn't matter how you dress or whether your myspace page has 5000 friends.

Oh I'm so emo sometimes...

If all else fails here's a diagram
    http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs10/300...y_KariNeko.jpg

This is just funny
    http://lansing.ucoweb.org/files/emo.jpg

EDIT

Here's agreat site look at how all the bands dress, not that much black really more browns...
    Ten Essential Emo Videos - That's Entertainment with The Express-Times
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 07:00 AM
    I'm enjoying myself too much, here's another diagram
    http://www12.brinkster.com/poptarts/emo.JPG
    Look no black.

Now this is what I'd term 'emo' fashion, but I think if your thinking about black then you might have a more goth punk idea going on.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Maybe you could start your own emo style and add to accent the black. For example, have a color of the day that reflects your mood. Like darker blues when you are feeling blue, Pink when you are happy, yellow when you are feeling great, etc...
    HogleLover Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2007, 09:20 AM
    How old are you? If your in high school I'm almost possitive there will be some emo kids at your school. Just pay attention to their style and clothes then when you shop for clothes get stuff that is similar.
    But you should try to be yourself instead of some overused stereotype.
    xlostsanityx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Thanks for the sources templelane! In my country most emo kids are something between gothic, punk and emo so yeah that's why I think black is needed. But the links you send me are good I will check them!

Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Maybe you could start your own emo style and add to accent the black. For example, have a color of the day that reflects your mood. Like darker blues when you are feeling blue, Pink when you are happy, yellow when you are feeling great, etc.....
    That's a good idea, some friends of mine tell me it's like I have my own emo style already so yeah ^^

Quote Originally Posted by HogleLover
    how old are you? if your in high school im almost possitive there will be some emo kids at your school. just pay attention to their style and clothes then when you shop for clothes get stuff that is similar.
    but you should try to be yourself instead of some overused stereotype.
    I am in high school, but there are almost no emos in my town, so I can't do that... (I am looking for pictures and stuff and yeah it helps a bit ^^)

Thanks everyone! (Hope to get more answers lol :P)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2007, 12:09 PM
    I finally looked up color and moods

Red--invigorates, inspires passion, strengths

Orange-- stimulates, cheer, optimism

Yellow-- uplifts, encourages creativity

Green--harmonizes, symbolizes nature

Blue--calms generates hope

Turquoise--tranquility

Purple --royalty, centers, supports wisdom and intuition

Brown--balances, creates sense of security

Colors and Moods

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do emo girls like emo guys? [ 32 Answers ]

I absolutely adore emo girls. I'm 17yo and don't look all that emo, but I am. Do I have to dress emo to get them to like me?

How to be a great emo [ 12 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: what clothes and bands etc do I need 2 like to become I already like most emo music help.

What is EMO? [ 18 Answers ]

I have heard a lot of people talk aboute some style called "emo" at school. Afraid of sounding like a complete moron, I ask all you people at ask me helpdesk: What is the defenition of emo? :confused:

View more questions Search