Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetsorrow Posts: 33, Reputation: 7

Nov 1, 2007, 05:47 AM
    First Tattoos
    Hi all,

Just wondering, is it wise to get 2 tattoos at once? I'm not talking about huge ones or anything, just one along the small of my back and one on my wrist. I'm only asking because they will be my first tattoos and I want to know if because of that I should just get them done one at a time?

Oh and also, I know I can't get a definite answer on this but, seeing as how pain isn't really an issue with me, is there anyway to describe the feeling (mainly in those 2 areas) or an equivalent feeling?

:)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Well the areas that you picked from what I have heard are more painfull. Anything close to bones. Ever have needles?

As far as getting two tattoos at once it all depends on the tattoo artist. You would have to make that arrangement with whoever you are going to see.

Joe
    HogleLover Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2007, 09:09 AM
    to answer your question about the pain... the best way I can describe it is like someone scratching a bad sunburn. It stings, but its mostly just more of an annoying pain then a hurtful pain. If that makes any sense. I have on on the inside of my wrist... and its actually not that bad. The only part that kind of got to me was right on the spot where your wrist becomes your hand. Right on that line is pretty tender.

jesushelper76 is right about it all depending on the artist though. If he has a heavy hand it will hurt more. See if you can get an artist that uses a lot of vaseline too... because it makes it feel better as they are working... if you get one that tattoos on your dry skin... it tends to hurt a bit more. I have plenty of tattoos so if you have any questions just ask...

oh and getting two tattoos at once isn't a big deal. People make it seem worse then it really is. I say go for it if you have the money to spend.

=)
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Nov 1, 2007, 09:13 AM
    I wouldn't get two at once. Space them at about a two weeks to a month apart. I got my second just shy of a month after my first and I didn't really have any problems. The artist I went to wouldn't let me get both at the same time. He said it was too much for your body to handle at once. Let the first one scab and peal then when its done healing go and get your next.

As for the feeling, I wouldn't call it painful -- I have had kids and that's painful -- but its not a bunch of laughs either. Take your fingernail and scrap (not pressing real hard but enough to indent the skin) over the area you want to get inked about 25 to 30 times. That's what its like.

What are you thinking of getting?
    sweetsorrow Posts: 33, Reputation: 7

Nov 2, 2007, 12:16 AM
    I'm getting one I designed myself on my back kind of a tribal thing that looks really cool. And I want a tiny heartagram on the inside of my wrist. I did ask the guy who is going to do it these questions but he is sort of a body art fanatic (almost all his body covered and like 100 piercings), he's all for pulling a whole week of tattooing himself almost non-stop... so he couldn't really help me much. I guess ill just get the one on my back first then see if I want to do the other one straight after. I was told it'll probably get numb after awhile anyway.

I can't wait! Wish me luck
    Thanks again :) :D :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 04:38 AM
    Good luck.
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Nov 2, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Good luck.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 05:40 AM
    The one on your lower back will be a little uncomfortable... more so than other areas.

The best advice I can give you, is to make sure you breath! Don't hold your breath because of the pain or you will end up focusing on that pain... rather concentrate on your breathing and you should be able to handle it a lot better. Keep in mind as well... the lining of the tattoo is the worst, once the outline is done and your artist moves to the shading the worst is over :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tattoos (sin?) [ 150 Answers ]

The question for me personally. I would like to know everybodies opinion, thoughts and even biblical response to this question. Question is, is it a sin to get tattoos. Is it forbidden? Is there anything wrong with getting tattoos and if there is anything wrong with it? I have thought...

Removing tattoos [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I want to know how tattoos are removed. Is it painfull?? Is it expensive??

Dog tattoos [ 1 Answers ]

I have just recently taken in a lost Doxie. He has numbers tattooed on his tummy. Do you know what for?

View more questions Search