Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aprilk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Need Advise
    Just found out house I am living has been foreclosed on. Been looking for another place to live anyway because of the hole in the front bedroom. That happened a week before we moved in. My landlady has returned my last months rent, but we have not found another rental yet and have not yet received official notice from the bank or broker. What do we do ? Do you think we have at least 30 days?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Hello april:

Yes, I think you've got 30 days.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 1, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Yes, you do. Once you receive a notice to vacate from the new owner, you can fight it. Generally you will be allowed a reasonable time to find new digs.

In the meantime I would put your rent check into an escrow account until it can be determined who you have to pay it to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeking advise on giving advise [ 1 Answers ]

If you are sharing in a living situation with someone who you've found to be kind of a slob, i.e. not doing any cleaning nor taking care of personal hygiene, and it poses a health risk to both of you, how would you go about telling that person to cleanup? How can you tell another person that they...

Need some advise [ 6 Answers ]

I have been very serious with my boyfriend for close to two years now. We have lived with one another for a year and half. The past 3 months he has seemed less interested romanticaly and phsyically with me. He has been working long hours and is under stress. I understand that can lower sex...

Could use some advise [ 16 Answers ]

Ok I need advise on 2 different relationship propublems. 1> My x is asking me to sign a paper for him . I told him I would have to speak to my lawyer before signing any papers for him . He got mad and left me a text message saying He was crushing the car (the paper he wanted me to sign was...

Serious Advise Please! [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I know this is sure to get some negative comments, need only serious advise please! I've been married AND FAITHFULL for the last five years. Prior to our marriage, we were together for 10 years. Lately, for a long time actually, I feel like my husband doesn't "give" to the relationship...

Advise [ 17 Answers ]

Hello. I'm new to this forum. Well my situations goes like this, my ex girlfriend broke off the relationship of two years. Its been three months since the breakup. Well the first month I kind of had some sort of contact with her through calls, e-mails. Then I decieded to go the NC way because it...

View more questions Search