Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucy_moc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Do I need a SS# to get a babysitting license?
    I've been looking for a job and no luck one of my friend nows this girl that needs a baby sitter but my husband thinks is too risky what if I get in trouble for not having a license there's a problem I don't have a ss# does anybody know if I need a ss# to get my license?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Hello lucy:

I don't know if you need an SS# to get a baby sitters license. I don't even know if there IS a baby sitters license. What I do know, is you can't WORK at all without a SS#.

excon
    mostlyfree Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Sep 13, 2008, 12:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello lucy:

I don't know if you need an SS# to get a baby sitters license. I don't even know if there IS a baby sitters license. What I do know, is you can't WORK at all without a SS#.

excon

Excon,
    Please don't give answers on something you have no experience or expertise with. As an individual who was born in this country (the united state) and has also NEVER had a social security number I have to deal with ignorance of it on a daily basis.

There is NO LAW requireing someone to obtain a social security number in order to work in the united states. There is no law that says you need to have an ss# in order to work.

I am not the only one out there who doesn't have an SS#, and not the only one who makes a good living.
    lacuriosa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 01:35 PM
    In the world is an international human right. Many countries don't have a social security system and their people enjoy great retirement benefits.
    Given american history of denying some segments of the population their basics rights. A social security number has become a way to limit or give benefits to those who want or can get one. It makes me sick that a discriminatory approach is used for those who are ignorant to limit a basic international human right for others.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2009, 01:40 PM

Helo l:

Social Security isn't a human right. It's a retirement system that people pay into. The only people who can't get social secuity numbers are people who can't legally work here.

excon
    mostlyfree Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 30, 2009, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Helo l:

Social Security isn't a human right. It's a retirement system that people pay into. The only people who can't get social secuity numbers are people who can't legally work here.

excon
    Your right about SS not being a human right. Its nothing more than a Ponzi scheme.

I don't have a ss# because my parents never signed me up for one. I believe people should not be numbered unless they wish to be.

Honestly you have a very slanted and incorrect mindset about the facts. Im not speaking from ignorance, I am speaking from fact. Having a social security number is entirely voluntary. If you do not have an SS# you are not eligible to receive any benefits associated with it. IE social security, or medicare if you don't pay into it etc. I will never receive these benefits, I have instead invested that money myself and will hopefully see a much better return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Babysitting [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me how old a child has to be to legally babysit in Ontario

Babysitting Ad [ 4 Answers ]

So I'm trying to write a babysitting ad, but I don't know what to put on it, just list off good things about me or what? I'm an honors kid I volunteer, blah blah blah:confused:

How do I create a babysitting ad? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Rachel. I was just wondering if someone could give me a sample ad, or give me an idea on how to make a babysitting ad that I could put up in the neighbourhood. Thank you!:)

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search