Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    threequartertime Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 12:34 PM
    "Knocking" in the walls
    Anyone that can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I live in a 2-story condo and for the past 2-3 months, every time the water in our upstairs bathroom is turned on, a noise that I can only describe as a "knocking" sound starts and is fairly loud. It can be heard in the bathroom and both bedrooms that are adjacent to the bathroom. This "knocking" continues for as long as the water in the bathroom shower or sink is running and even continues (although at a slower pace) after the water has been off for 20 min or so. This sound also occurs in our walls when our neighbors turn on their upstairs bathroom water. The problem happened about 8 months or so ago and eventually just stopped and is back again. Does ANYONE have ANY idea what this could be, its driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 01:23 PM
    It has something to do with the water pressure and I think air in the pipes. I think it is mainly the hot water that will do that.
    I am not a plumber but here is a site that might help.

Howstuffworks "How To Fix Noisy Pipes"
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 31, 2007, 01:53 PM
    This could also be caused by a facuet cartridge or washer that came loose in the faucet. It vibrates as the warter passes by.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

Pipes "knocking" [ 10 Answers ]

We recently purchased a home (four years old) and there is an upstairs bathroom that had a leaky faucet in the bathtub. Since we've been busy working on other things in the house and yard it's taken me a couple of months to fix it. During this time we really didn't use it. When I went to test...

View more questions Search