Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnny Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2003, 04:01 PM
    Password ?
    :o ? :'( How do you get into your computer if you forgot and lost you password?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 25, 2003, 06:32 PM
    Password ?
    Try this, Password Recovery Tool
    Software to recover your lost passwords for Microsoft Word, Excel, Zip and ARJ files. New technology searches 12 million passwords per second. This software will amaze you. Free demo. http://www.vdgsoftware.com
    kasuda Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Try this, Password Recovery Tool
    Software to recover your lost passwords for Microsoft Word, Excel, Zip and ARJ files. New technology searches 12 million passwords per second. This software will amaze you. Free demo. VDG Software
    What is zip software.. where do I get it from?I want to also install power point as my operating system is HOME BASIC VISTA and it isn't included.please help.. I need to make a presentation.
    KnowkOnWood Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny
    :o ??? :'( How do you get into your computer if you forgot and lost you password ? ? ?
    Do you have windows XP?

Apr 10, 2008, 05:07 PM
    If you have XP restart the cmputer and hold down the F8 key. When the screen comes up run it as safe mose. When you get to the login screen login as admin. When u get logged on open the start menu and select run. When the box opens type CMD and hit enter. A black box should open . When it does type net user and press enter. It should bring up the names of the accounts on your computer now type in net user nameofaccounthere * now hit enter it should ask for new pass twice then hit enter and close,now restar your computer and u should be set.
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Apr 11, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowkOnWood
    if you have XP restart the cmputer and hold down the F8 key. when the screen comes up run it as safe mose. when you get to the login screen login as admin. when u get logged on open the start menu and select run. when the box opens type CMD and hit enter. a black box should open . when it does type net user and press enter. it should bring up the names of the accounts on your computer now type in net user nameofaccounthere * now hit enter it should ask for new pass twice then hit enter and close,now restar your computer and u should be set.
    I was abut to say that too. Do what he says. Man, XP ' security is pathetic.
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Apr 11, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bigchamp
    I was abut to say that too. Do what he says. Man, XP ' security is pathetic.
    How is that pathetic? You're logged in as the administrator, if you're not the admin or at least in the admin group you can't do what was described.
    In addition, there's no reason to go into safe mode to do it either.

If you don't know the administrator password, which is the password that you entered when you installed XP then that method won't help you.

Google recover xp passwords and you'll find several programs to help you out, keep in mind that they're probably not cheap.

It might just be easier to reinstall XP.

Apr 13, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jstrike
    How is that pathetic? You're logged in as the administrator, if you're not the admin or at least in the admin group you can't do what was described.

If you don't know the administrator password, which is the password that you entered when you installed XP then that method won't help you.

Google recover xp passwords and you'll find several programs to help you out, keep in mind that they're probably not cheap.

The safe mode is to get a new admin account that shouldn't have a password

Apr 13, 2008, 09:28 PM

Yes and from that account you can change someone's password. I can't tell you how many times' I've had my password changed on me by my roommates.

Apr 14, 2008, 04:53 AM
    Sorry but you're both mistaken about safe mode. Windows safe mode will not let you into the administrator account without a password unless one was not entered when XP was setup. If a password was entered when the XP was setup then that password is required to get into the administrator account no matter what mode you log into.

Edit: If your computer is setup without an administrative password I suggest you login to the admin account and add one.

Apr 14, 2008, 12:04 PM
    Sorry but you're both mistaken about safe mode. Windows safe mode will not let you into the administrator account without a password unless one was not entered when XP was setup. If a password was entered when the XP was setup then that password is required to get into the administrator account no matter what mode you log into.

Edit: If your computer is setup without an administrative password I suggest you login to the admin account and add one.
    Well for me and most people I know, they don't enter an admin password in setup just in case they forget so they won't have to go through a lot of trouble when a password is forgotten.

Apr 14, 2008, 02:03 PM

You its just that most people don't put a password when they setup windows

Apr 14, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowkOnWood
    ya its just that most people don't put a password when they setup windows
    Yep... and that's just begging for trouble.

Apr 14, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Yep....and that's just begging for trouble.
    And one of the troubles will start when you forget the admin password.
    doppmed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 05:50 PM
    I am having trouble downloading AOL 9.1 to my Vista computer. I get a message that says IDX file missing

Apr 14, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by doppmed
    I am having trouble downloading AOL 9.1 to my Vista computer. I get a message that says IDX file missing
    Post your question in a new thread, your hijacking this thread.

Apr 14, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bigchamp
    and one of the troubles will start when you forget the admin password.
    Or until one of your roomates gets pissed off and changes your password and the admin password on you. Bottom line is an administrator account without a password is a security risk.

Apr 14, 2008, 08:48 PM
    First of all the computer technicaly isn't completely mine, I paid for 1/3 of the computer and my room mate got to the admin account first so he put a password there. I could also get the admin password back if I really needed it. But anyway, it doesn't really matter if you like the admin password there or not. Your oppinions are different from mine and I'm tired of having to keep posting back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Password [ 2 Answers ]

:o Someone please help me to get my own official Yahoo accounts password; Very important data is being saved dere about my clients... Can anyone guide me how to recover that Yahoo password: [email protected]

Bios password [ 13 Answers ]

Please someone give me a toshiba bios backdoor password, My bios are password protected and I don't remember the password . :confused:

4got my rar password.. [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to forcelly opem and extract my rar file... I try to use free ware password recovery but its too slow... :confused: help please...

A password for my PC [ 4 Answers ]

Hello experts, How can I do a password for my PC so no one can use it. Thanks in advance

View more questions Search