Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MEGGAAMAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 10:35 AM
    A/C working, switched to heat, now ac and heat don't work
    Hello,
    Replaced my thermostat in the summer, everything worked good,switched the new thermostat to heat for the first time, now neither the A/C or heat work? Any Ideas?

Andy
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2007, 06:27 PM
    You may have got a wire wrong when wiring your thermostat and ended up with a direct short on the heat side. Newer units will have a automotive fuse on the control board to protect the board and transformer( 3 or 5 amp fuse) if you don't have a low voltage fuse you will need to check the transformer. You need to check your breakers first to make sure one is not thrown. If you have power going to the unit you need to find the low voltage short before you start replacing parts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat is not working [ 7 Answers ]

My furnace is working and the pilot is lit. the fan will run when I turn it on. The heat is not coming on but if I switch to air conditioning and lower the temperature on the thermostat, the air will work. Is this a furnace problem or with the thermostat on the wall, I only have the one. The fuse...

AC or Heat does not work when switching to AC or Heat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a programmable thermostate installed a year ago and it has been working since until a few days ago. Both AC and Heat don't work , I don't hear any kicking. I did a reset on the thermostate did not make any difference. The fan is on Auto. Now I am interested in knowing if it is the...

Just switched to AC on Heat Pump - compressor trouble [ 2 Answers ]

Need some help. Last night I decided to turn on my heat pump to the cool cycle for the 1st time this season. When I turned it on, the compressor starting clicking and then blew the breaker inside. I decided to go outside and reset the breaker on the control box and then threw the breaker inside...

Heat & A/C are switched - help? [ 1 Answers ]

I wired my new thermostat all by myself and was very proud indeed. It works GREAT - there is only a little problem. If I want heat I must turn the thermostat to "cool" and if I want the a/c then I must turn the thermostat to "heat". I know that there must be two wires switched - but which ones? ...

Heat isn't working [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I have central AC/Heat and the heat portion doesn't appear to be working. New to home and have not ever had it working. Is there any common problems that anyone can let me know of so I can check them out. When the heat is on, it blows air, just not hot air. Thanks in advance. David

View more questions Search